Just Found Baby Ghost Shrimp In My Tank

Fishcat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Super little guy hanging out on the sponge filter. One of my adult shrimp is berried, too.
I stuck my finger in the tank and one of my adults crawled onto it, possibly because I had just fed the fish and had food remnants on my fingers.

mollybabes

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I've never had babies. The adults always seem to be berried but never give birth. I think the eggs are superglued on.

Fishcat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
There’s at least two of them, and two berried females. Can’t get a decent picture of the little ones; they’re darned near invisible.

Fishcat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I don’t know why they spawn for me. This tank is pretty messy - not dirty, but messy, with plant overgrowth, floating plants, algae. There’s a sponge filter, which the youngsters seem to like, and only a couple small fish. I think it’s pure dumb luck, truly. They are such fun to watch, especially at feeding time.

Fishcat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, the babies appear to be a regular thing in my tank. Half inch to three-quarter inch are the smallest I usually spot them, though I see an occasional teeny one if I look closely. This is a scruffy-looking tank with plenty of hiding places, few fish, plants and some algae. Various snails. I just wish this tank were in a better position for me to watch it, as the shrimp are super entertaining.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom