Just For Peace Of Mind, Water Parameters Readings

Mike Yost

In my 55G tank which has now 5 Danios, 6 Albino Corey Cats, and just added 2 Angel Fish last week on Thursday (4 Days Ago), my water parameters have been constant but not where I want them to be......

Before adding the Angel Fish:
PH 8.0
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate 20

After Adding the Angel Fish:
PH 8.0
Ammonia - .25 ppm
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 20-30 (the orange looks closer to the 20)

I have had the same readings since I added the Angel Fish 4 days ago. I have been testing my water daily to make sure I don't seem anymore of a spike in my Ammonia and Nitrate. I also did a 30% water change this past Saturday. Lastly, I am adding prime every 2 days.....

The fish are all extremely active and it took awhile, but the Angel Fish are now being themselves, the generals of the tank (not being aggressive though.)

Just so I have peace of mind, I am assuming I am going through a minI cycle...... From what I mentioned up above, am I doing things right with the testing and adding prime and the water change this past Saturday (I was going to do another 30-40 percent water change this coming Saturday as long as my numbers don't go wacky on me.)

Aquaphobia

Yes, but not much of one. I don't even think you need to do water changes. I would just dose Prime to keep the fish protected and let the bacteria catch up

Mike Yost

Yes, but not much of one. I don't even think you need to do water changes. I would just dose Prime to keep the fish protected and let the bacteria catch up

I was just going to do my typical weekly water change.... how much should I change out? 30% a good amount? Thank you for your help

Aquaphobia

Oh of course do your usual maintenance routine but don't worry about doing anything special is what I meant. It's not a huge bump

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Taff
Replies
Views
Cherryshrimp420
Replies
Views
Kathryn Crook
Replies
Views