Just for fun - Page 4

Burdigala

mattgirl

AltVzn said:
Wow, ours never really got that bad. I think my area was already used to it and had counter measures all the time. We had trucks early in the morning spreading salt and sand when it snowed heavy. From time to time the snow is so heavy that we can't open our doors XDDD

Snow indeed is beautiful, but it's more of a book with a beautiful cover but ugly writing. Where I used to live, snow starts around September-October and ends at April-May.

My parents hated it so much we moved XDDD
The day and through the night ice storm seemed like how I would imagine a war zone sounding. Transformers were exploding and lighting up the night sky. Huge tree limbs were breaking off and crashing down. Every transformer for miles around us had to be replaced and so many lines had to be repaired. The problem with ice is it just keeps building up until things reach their breaking point. The electric company was out doing all they could to prevent so much damage but mother nature won the battle.

It isn't unusual to have at least one ice storm each winter but that one was one of the worst ones. Occasionally we get a bit of snow. It is a big snow here if we get 2 or 3 inches. I can't imagine living in places that get several feet. The most we have had over the past 40 years was about 16 inches. That was many years ago.

Hopefully this isn't derailing this thread since the thread is "just for fun"

AltVzn

mattgirl said:
The day and through the night ice storm seemed like how I would imagine a war zone sounding. Transformers were exploding and lighting up the night sky. Huge tree limbs were breaking off and crashing down. Every transformer for miles around us had to be replaced and so many lines had to be repaired. The problem with ice is it just keeps building up until things reach their breaking point. The electric company was out doing all they could to prevent so much damage but mother nature won the battle.

It isn't unusual to have at least one ice storm each winter but that one was one of the worst ones. Occasionally we get a bit of snow. It is a big snow here if we get 2 or 3 inches. I can't imagine living in places that get several feet. The most we have had over the past 40 years was about 16 inches. That was many years ago.

Hopefully this isn't derailing this thread since the thread is "just for fun"
Woww, and that's very true

You should become some poet/writer LOL

Mii

Mii said:
Yes, but someone may reply without reading every single post and miss mine.
we don't want people to miss mine because it has the template. not because my post is more important than the others. they should just copy past the template into the first post.

Latest threads

Top Bottom