Just curious..

oaktree

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm planning on acquiring likely a 40 gallon in the future to house two ranchu goldfish and a clown pleco in.

Would this be considered fully stocked or could I look into anything else for the tank?

It's unlikely I'd put anything else in but if there are options I like to be aware of them! :D

(Please no comments along the lines of "Well if you did 50% WCs weekly and performed magic, you could maybe squeeze in xyz.."!)

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Clown plecos are one of the smallest pleco, but those two goldfish will get decently large and messy. I’d say you are just about stocked, but I tend to stay on the under stocked side

OP
oaktree

oaktree

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
TWiG87 said:
Clown plecos are one of the smallest pleco, but those two goldfish will get decently large and messy. I’d say you are just about stocked, but I tend to stay on the under stocked side
Yeah, the plecos currently in a 38g community tank that's going to be retired (fish rehomed, etc.) and I like him too much so he's sticking along to go into the new tank.

I'll just keep the two goldfish then, you're right with how messy they get :hilarious:

And yes, same. Understocking's always better in my opinion.

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The only potential issue could be water temperature between the two species. Warm for your goldfish might be a little cool for your pleco. You’re probably going to need to be in the low 70s I would think

New Threads