Just Cause I'm Proud...

Margaux

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So I compete with my dogs in a variety of sports. My youngest dog is a spazz who isn't quite ready yet and my old man is Very Retired, but my middle girl, the vizsla, is just an absolute dream of a sporting dog. By the time she was 18 months, we had managed her conformation championship (my profile picture), her Canine Good Neighbour, her Pre-novice obedience title AND her Novice obedience title. Since december, we've been training in Open obedience, but she's not quiiiiite ready to compete yet, so when my club's competition came around, I decided to just try another new sport without ever having really tried it before: Rally obedience. It's this great, great fun sport where we go from sign to sign and execute the exercise that's written there. It's easier than straight obedience, especially since you get to talk to and encourage your dog the whole way and Atia just LOVES it. We just qualified two rounds out of a needed three today and our second run gave us a score of 99/100!!! Now the competition was stiff so that was only 3rd place, but it's still not only a Q, but a placement which for a team who had never done that before is just great! Everyone was telling me that I was either very brave or very nuts to do that, but I was just having fun and so was Atia. Here's a picture of my very tired, but Very, Very Good Girl after our long day of competing. I'm really, really hoping to get her last leg tomorrow so that she'll have her Rally Novice title!

Attachments

Margaux

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Coradee said:
Congratulations, sounds like you both had a lot of fun
We did! Rally is a really fun sport, I look forward to getting her RA and RX soon. We titled today, with a score of 97 and a first place finish in our class! I'm a very proud doggy mama.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom