Just Bought And Forgotten What It's Called Already...

Brannor

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I'm terrible with names of plants...

Below is my tank...
I know I put in Java Fern (middle back), and the big bushy one is hornwort?

The plant on the left I cannot recall... nor those dark green ones in the back middle-to-right (next to a second hornwort bush)...
And the two species of grass?

I'm trying to find out so that I can keep track of how best to care for them.

Usxb34e.jpg

jess3434

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I believe the big bushy one is cabomba, it looks like it more than hornwort but I may be wrong.

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hygrophila of some sort is the left one, then I believe I see some micro swords

B3tta fishy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The bushy one looks like cabomba (I have that one, I had big bushy ones then they all just dissapered lol. I have a couple leaves left that I planted tho)
Plant on the left looks like hygro to me. I have it too, they get really tall depending on the species

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

JLeeM

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
The darker green next to the bushy one (if I'm looking at the same plant as you are) looks like anacharis.

Brannor

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
JLeeM said:
The darker green next to the bushy one (if I'm looking at the same plant as you are) looks like anacharis.
Yes, I recognise the scientific name of Elodea.

-G

aniroc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hygrophila corymbosa on the left. I also see three Java fern leaves.

Wraithen

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Dude! Are you dosing c02? That thickness is insane!

Brannor

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Wraithen said:
Dude! Are you dosing c02? That thickness is insane!
Probably from overfeeding... (take a look at my tank thread and you'll see how much it's grown in under 2 months) I now have to deal with a whole bunch of staghorn - thread to come once I have some nice close up underwater photos of it.

No CO2... but did add some Osmocote tabs around the time I started the plants. Oh, and water temp was initially 26C, now set it down to 24C.

Wraithen

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Brannor said:
Probably from overfeeding... (take a look at my tank thread and you'll see how much it's grown in under 2 months) I now have to deal with a whole bunch of staghorn - thread to come once I have some nice close up underwater photos of it.

No CO2... but did add some Osmocote tabs around the time I started the plants. Oh, and water temp was initially 26C, now set it down to 24C.
Must be good lighting then. I always end up overfeeding to appease the family and my plants cant get enough light and carbon in my 2 foot tall tank to do that. Some tanks are just born for stuff. Mine are good at growing fish stupid fast and keeping plants growing ok despite my best efforts. I'm sure once you get your golden nutrients dialed in you will be giving away easy plants and growing things you shouldn't be able to.

Brannor

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks to this forum and reading on plants, I knew exactly what it was when one of the smaller leaves from the Java Fern broke off about 2 weeks back. I left it in the back of the tank and went to look at it last night. It's now been transferred to my wife's tank in a spot that I hope it'll continue to grow. (yes, it's an Ice Age 4 cup... kids... )

ZJei53Q.jpg

Brannor

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok. Help... wife's tank. Whast is this? It's dying while everything else looks to doing ok.

ykKpZh8.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom