Just bought a brand new tank (bad pic lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ay1a

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey everyone, just bought a brand new aquarium off of some lady from craigslist, it's a 70 (I think) gallon flat back hexagon tank. My sister broke our familys good camera and the tank is really heavy to move by myself so I just took 3 shots and put the best one up. lol >.<

As for stocking it with right now I'm thinking two Blood Red Parrots and one Convict cichlid and one Firemouth cichlid but am not sure if they are compatible so I'm willing to take advice from anyone on what I could get with two parrots.
I'm super happy but I won't be able to set it up until my mom takes all her stuff from our house but it should only be like two weeks or so until I can set it up then I gotta start the fishless cycling process while I'm out of state.

So yeah, got the tank and now I need help with stocking, like I'n looking for what can go good with two Blood Red Parrots (preferably cichlids)

Attachments

firemouthfreak

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Well as long as they are relatively the same size, you'll be fine. But I suggest keeping Firemouths only(**** I'm totally biased) ^^'. On an unbiased note, Don't keep pairs of Convicts. I know you said one but I'm deterring you from getting a pair! If you want to have fish babies then I suggest getting only Convicts and MAYBE a pleco, but even then, the Convicts might kill everything when they spawn. FM's are relatively peaceful towards other fish but do not tolerate other FM's of the same gender. As for the Parrots, I have no clue about their behavior, So hopefully people that have owned them will come along and help you out.

Hope this helps!

Ay1a

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yeah, I love how parrots look and firemouths so I'm definitely going to get one FM and 2 parrots but other than that I'm not sure, after reading a thread about rams and parrots not being working out I guess I cant add a ram. But I'm still considering only one convict because I don't want my other fish to be killed if they do spawn so thanks for the input but more is always welcome.

firemouthfreak

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yeah, I love how parrots look and firemouths so I'm definitely going to get one FM and 2 parrots but other than that I'm not sure, after reading a thread about rams and parrots not being working out I guess I cant add a ram. But I'm still considering only one convict because I don't want my other fish to be killed if they do spawn so thanks for the input but more is always welcome.
Why just stop at 1 FM? Why dont you get 2.. or 3.. or 15?!

Ay1a

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Would a JD and two parrots be able to work or would there be some aggression from the Dempsey?

Or would a Oscar and the parrots? lol sorry just not sure what works with what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom