Just an update

1. swoozypoo Initiate Member

I just wanted to give a quick update for those who were so kind to help me during my tank cycling dilemma.  The tank has been happily cycled for about 1 1/2wks now  :).  I also got an airstone to help oxygenate the tank (since it is tall).  The fish seem to absolutely love it.  I now have 5 mollies (1 baby, 1 white F, 1, black M, 1 dalmation F, and 1 orange dalmation F), 4 tetras -blood fin I think, and a pleco.  The pleco has grown quite a bit since I got it about a month ago (in width more than length).  I also think at least one if not two of the mollies is pregnant again.  Everyone seems so happy and playful....it is the first thing I look at when I get home ;D.  Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for all the help everyone gave, I truly appreciate it and I will post some pictures soon.

Kelly

2. beckers4oranges Member Member

congrates...i bet the tetras are bleeding hearts maybe...i have one...its also good to put a little bit of salt in ur water too due to the fact that mollies are brackish fish.

3. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Excellent! Just keep up your routine maintenance and keep close tabs on your ammonia, nitrites and nitrates as your tank ages. It will still be going through some changes as it matures. ;)

4. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Great to hear everything ie going so good. Keep up the good work.
    Beckers4oranges - the pleco wouldn't like the salt at all. Since most mollys are aquarium raised they will be fine without any salt. If theres a problem later(which I doubt) she can add it then.
    Carol

5. beckers4oranges Member Member

yea my molly died...i think its because there was no salt in the water...and there was in the aquarium store...