Just Added Fish, Concerns

baldegale

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
UPDATE: i woke up and theyre all swimming mid tank and around the whole tank, but it looks like theyre still glass surfing. i offered food and they ate like fiends

95cf811539805253711d7e1c5d9df091.jpg
also this is my tank, if it has to do with anything

baldegale

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Maybe give them another day and see if the glass surfing stops.
Sometimes I think they glass surf as they learn their surroundings. They should feel more comfy soon
they do seem to be doing it less and less, and i think the gasping has slowed down dramatically, but i cant fully tell cause theyre constantly moving

jmaldo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
As long as your water parameters are good, I agree its just stress from the move and acclimating to their new home. Good Luck!

Oh, by the way "Welcome to Fishlore" fellow Ohioan.

baldegale

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
RMS - Visited a few times. It's about 20 mins away. If you get a chance check out this place:
Cleveland Cichlid Store – Something Fishy, Inc. | Got Fish!
I posted a review here:
RMS is not even a mile from me, im there every couple days lol the owner is super nice too, answers every email within a couple hours and they price match! i’ll definitely try and check out that place depending how far away it is.

RMS - Visited a few times. It's about 20 mins away. If you get a chance check out this place:
Cleveland Cichlid Store – Something Fishy, Inc. | Got Fish!
I posted a review here:
theres another place over here called rift lake aquatics, ive never been, but have you?

baldegale

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
UPDATE: they still are glass surfing i think. ive fed them tiny amounts twice today (i read its better for the tank and fish to feed small amounts multiple times than a big amount one time)

baldegale

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have 6 Glowlight Tetra that are doing the same thing. They hover in one spot all day, and I have had them a week.... water parameters same as yours too.
mine arent really hovering, theyre swimming around the entire tank top to bottom with a mixture of glass surfing

Atomicfish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’m not sure but I think fishes behavior can be affected by how often you have your lights on on the tank.

baldegale

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I’m not sure but I think fishes behavior can be affected by how often you have your lights on on the tank.
i turn them on at 9 and off at 7, theyre on much longer at the store that i got them from

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom