Just added 2 neon tetras and 3 Guppys!!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Deesk06, Jul 21, 2015.

1. D

Deesk06 Valued Member Member

Just added 2 neon tetras and 3 Guppys!! I am now fully stocked. I have 6 neon tetras and 3 Cobra guppies I got! As well as a new plant :) !! UNFORTUNATELY 30 minutes into the acclimating process when I walked away the bag must have tipped over and into the aquarium and the fish swam out :0 hopefully they will be okay..not much I can do now :/

How well will this work?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. OP
    OP
    D

Deesk06 Valued Member Member

All the tetras and Guppys seem to be schooling together as one now..it's pretty cool..unless they are fighting :0 hope not.does not look like it

3. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Oh, you mean the fish just getting released into the aquarium like that? Well, before I joined Fish Lore, I actually didn't acclimate my fish, as bad as that sounds. Yup, I just drained most of the water and then dumped them into my main tank, no acclimation no quarantine or anything like that. So a little of the store water went into my tank, yes. I don't think it killed any of my fish, although I don't recommend it.

You might do a little water change, but get others' advice before acting on this, though.

4. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore!
    I agree, I would do a small water change. My mistake when I got into the hobby was that I would add the Pet Store water into my tank. Nothing happened, but one time I did it and it costed my whole entire livestock. I had a huge ICH outbreak. Hope you enjoy the forum :)

5. Plecomaker

Plecomaker Well Known Member Member

Yeah, unfortunate, but. Not neccesarily tragic.
    if you got it locally, there is always a possibilty of the water chemistry matching up.
    i actually would not do a water change yet. Its the only water that theyre used to, soi would wait, maybe do one tomorrow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice