Just A Weird Question I Should Probably Know The Answer To.

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by bio-tech1, Apr 25, 2018.

1. b

bio-tech1 Valued Member Member

Ok, weird question time. So i just bought a tetra 1-3 gallon filter. Just so i could use the air pump and airline tubing that comes with it to make an air-stone. It was cheaper this way. Anyway, I now have a filter i am not using that is useless without the pump and lubing. I was wondering if i took out the filter cartridge and put it in one of my 1 gallon betta grow out tanks, just the carriage straight into the water, would it do anything? Grow beneficial bacteria? Help the tank in any way since i don't have a filter on it at all?

2. Lissi Kat

Lissi Kat Valued Member Member

I suppose it would grow some bactira I don't know if it would be massively benefits to that tank if water flow isn't being fed through it but it could be used at a later date in a different tank and be at least partially cycled

3. s

smee82 Fishlore VIP Member

Not really it needs water to flow through it to colonize. You may get som on it but i dont think it would be worth the eye sore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice