Just A Thank You

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Ghost pepper, Apr 10, 2018.

1. G

Ghost pepper New Member Member

About two months ago I decided to start a 5 gal split betta tank with two male twin tail half moon bettas for my kids. I had no idea about the nitrogen cycle or anything else that would give our new friends a complete life. Thanks to the many discussions and answered threads i quickly learned a ton of information. I still have a long way to go, but with your guidance I now have two 5 gal betta tanks cycled (holding amonia levels about .25 and nitrates about .5 between water changes each week) and two small children who are working on understanding responsibility. I have began cleaning a very old turtle tank my brother and I had as kids but plan on taking things very slowly.

Thank you to those that have tak
    en their time to share the wisdom

2. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Hi welcome to FishLore!
    Great intro thread. :) Many people who are new to the hobby don't think they have any advice to offer. What they don't realize is that their questions, mistakes, sucesses and the replies they get from other members is exactly what helps lurkers and new comers. So glad you found the forum helpful!

Bettas are great fish! Such cool personalities for kids looking for a first fish :)
    Good luck and the larger tank.

3. Snailwhisperer

Snailwhisperer Valued Member Member

I am newer than you, learning from other's advice and trying to put my mistakes out there for others to learn from.

With so much to learn, life is too short to make all the mistakes myself.

I also want to thank the people who have helped me get my tanks up and running, snails and fish healthy and breeding. Just this week: fishlore helped me learn to wear gloves, change my water often, don't over feed snails, what the little worms on the glass are, how many mystery snails to expect from a clutch, how to make snails shells strong, my fish is not a mutant. Hopefully I helped someone keep large bags of bloodworms out of reach of cats!

THANK YOU!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice