Just A Random Question

Jeezusjuiicee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
So if you have a tank that's taller than your arms are long. Like a 200 gallon. Or even a smaller tank if your a small person lol! And you can't get your arms to the bottom of the tank. How the heck do you decorate it and add plants and all that? My girlfriend saw her neighbour spraying out a 300 gallon tank and she said it was half her height! And it really got me thinking lol

Like if it's filled with water , and you want to add a plant later on. Do you go for a dunk? Hahaha

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I actually can't reach the bottom back of my 120g. I have to plant and decorate back there when I do a water change. I have had wet t shirt armpits more than once! I also have to use a step stool to siphon water lol!

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Closer to Heaven every day but for now-Arkansas
Experience
More than 10 years
I actually can't reach the bottom back of my 120g. I have to plant and decorate back there when I do a water change. I have had wet t shirt armpits more than once! I also have to use a step stool to siphon water lol!
I can relate to the wet t-shirt armpits although I don't wear t-shirts. My tank is only a 55 gallons. I still have to stand on my tiptoes to reach the bottom.

angelcraze

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I can relate to the wet t-shirt armpits although I don't wear t-shirts. My tank is only a 55 gallons. I still have to stand on my tiptoes to reach the bottom.
So I guess you can relate to wet armpits XD. I don't wear t shirts when I have to reach into my tank anymore either. Tank tops for that.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I eventually got rid of my deep tank as maintenance was such a chore, even standing on a step I couldn't reach the bottom

Tol

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Goggles and a snorkel. Put them on a small child and lower them in by their ankles to keep yourself nice and dry. . But seriously, just drain halfway or a little more if necessary to help get down to the bottom. You can also get various tools to help. Use a grabber reacher. You can get 32 inch one on Amazon for about $9.

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Closer to Heaven every day but for now-Arkansas
Experience
More than 10 years
I eventually got rid of my deep tank as maintenance was such a chore, even standing on a step I couldn't reach the bottom
I know that had to have been a sad thing to do but sometimes we have to make these kinds of decisions when what should be fun turns into too much work.

Jeezusjuiicee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
If there was a dislike button! I'm looking Into to getting a long tank. 40 gallon long. But I wonder if you can get a 120 long! They are way shorter and wider, but I don't know how short you could make it haha

Dee1986

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If there was a dislike button! I'm looking Into to getting a long tank. 40 gallon long. But I wonder if you can get a 120 long! They are way shorter and wider, but I don't know how short you could make it haha
My tank is a 140 gallon 6 foot long one. When I move stuff (especially if it is completely full of water) I use a pair of actual barbecue tongs (or 14” fish purpose teeezers if it’s something small I need to grab) arm still gets wet to forearm mostly. BBQ tongs people. Tell me I’m wrong? lol

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Years ago when I had miniature swimming pool (250g) I bought one of those grabber gizmo's that disabled & elderly use to pick things up off the floor with. It worked quite well at reaching most of the aquarium.....til I dropped the flaming thing into said miniature swimming pool. The fish were not impressed with their new toy though....no idea why....had to go buy another grabber gizmo to rescue the first one. That actually made miniature swimming pool maintenance even more fun since I could use one in each hand and do two things at once

(Was finally able to prove to the then other half that yes, we women actually are better multitaskers than blokes )

Top Bottom