Just a quick check-up on the bettas. Any noticeable problems?

SmearingsFish

I got 3 new bettas from my local breeder about 5 hours ago, and put them into my (cycled!) 10 gallon with foam separators.
Just so I can refer to them more easily,
the marbled blue plakat is Tapioca
the periwinkle and pink-ish crow tail is named Spark
and the blue Doubletail is Stream.
as of now, I am getting more decor for their tank.

and I can try to get some better photos if needed. I’m just not very good at taking them XDimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

NBettas83

Well Known
They look fine to me. But it's hard to see them from far away. I did notice Stream's tank, is it a vase? I'm probably just seeing wrong but judging by the distorted edges it looks like a bowl. Other than that they look fine, just keep an eye on their appetite and activity.

OP
SmearingsFish

SmearingsFish

NBettas83 said:
They look fine to me. But it's hard to see them from far away. I did notice Stream's tank, is it a vase? I'm probably just seeing wrong but judging by the distorted edges it looks like a bowl. Other than that they look fine, just keep an eye on their appetite and activity.
Don’t worry, it’s not! The foam separators don’t ever seem to straighten up, so I see how it could look like that. Each section is about 3.3 gallons each.

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Pretty fish! I like the plakat
Thank you!

Actually, Tapioca always seems to be glaring at the back wall of his tank. Is there anything I can do about that? I know it cant be very good for him.

Attachments

OP
SmearingsFish

SmearingsFish

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Maybe some plants to break up the reflection
Right now, I don’t really have many. I could rummage around a bit though, see if I have any old ones.

Fisch

SmearingsFish said:
Right now, I don’t really have many. I could rummage around a bit though, see if I have any old ones.
I clamped some big IALs on the inside of the tank as the plants are not as high in my tank yet. It seemed to do the trick

NBettas83

Well Known
SmearingsFish said:
Don’t worry, it’s not! The foam separators don’t ever seem to straighten up, so I see how it could look like that. Each section is about 3.3 gallons each.

Thank you!

Actually, Tapioca always seems to be glaring at the back wall of his tank. Is there anything I can do about that? I know it cant be very good for him.
Ok, if I were you I would try to upgrade sometime, you don't have to, but that's just my opinion. They would all love at least 5 gal each. Especially Plakats.

New Threads