Just a little time saving tip!

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by chrt396, Jul 16, 2015.

1. chrt396

chrt396 Well Known Member Member

When you set up a new canister filter..and you meticulously select the proper filters, bio media and chemical packs...you expect to plug it in and get flawless performance.

We all know that you get a few fine air bubbles when you start up your canisters. That is a normal operation until it purges all air. BUT...when it keeps on blowing these bubbles for 1 or 2 hours...we gots ourselves a big problem! Normally, you would make sure to tilt it a little to the side..and try to force the bubbles out...maybe shake it. We also may want to check the o-seal around the top...or the intake hose for any cuts or pinholes that are sucking air. After a couple hours of troubleshooting...disassembling...and a little bit of well earned frustration..you come to this conclusion.

YOU DUMMY.....THE INTAKE IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF AN AIR STONE!! MOVE THE STONE!!!!!!

:;fru

Problem solved!!
    :;rocker

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
  2. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

Haha, I've done that with my hob. My new canister kept getting air out for about a day, I finally figured out that where one of the plastic intake tubes connected it was sucking air in since my water is lowered for my mystery snails and it was above water. Taped over it, no longer sucking in air. Sigh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

3. Bluestreakfl

Bluestreakfl Well Known Member Member

My 5g tetra kit had an issue, the bubble bar is too long and ends up under the filter intake, causing major bubbling issues with the filter. Cut the bubble bar shorter and fixed the problem lol

4. z

zombiecat03 Valued Member Member

Ha! That would be me

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice