Just a Hello!!

demilly

Hello!!

I just want to introduce myself. My name is Deborah. I live in Franklin Square, Long Island, NY. I have three small tanks: 4 gal; and two six gallons; along with three one gallon "tanks". I have five bettas, three cory's and one white crayfish. Of course the betta's are all housed separately; one in a six gallon with the cory's; one in the four gallon, which I had to turn the filter off, as it was too powerful for the betta, and he was not happy. This particular fish seems to suffer from depression, or boredom, if either is possible. I wanted to get two cory's to keep him company, but cannot do so, since the filter is off. I may move him to a one gallon bowl, not sure. The water outflow cannot be adjusted, as it can be in the other six gallon, bookshelf tank, that houses the crayfish. I put the one gallons next to each other so the betta's can (play) 'fight' if they get bored. They do seem happy to have company. I am down one betta, as one just recently passed. He was white, but had a tumor, or something. I tried treating him in various ways, nothing seemed to work, and the tumor kept growing. He was very uncomfortable, as the tumor, or whatever it was, kept floating him to the top. At least now he is at peace. I feel bad that I could not correct his problem, which started back in 9/12. He was a half-moon. I have one elephant ear, one veil tail, and three crown tails. That's my aquatic family (plastic plants...). I also have three cats, and four dogs, and do TNR with the ferals. And that's the story! Have a great day!

Krysty

Welcome! You have a wonderful "family"!

I recently started keeping fish (I have 3 Zebra Danio's) with one cat, and one dog.

Corine

Welcome! You may want to consider making a waterbottle baffle if the filter current is bothering your betta. There are a few videos on you tube, and they are relatively easy to make.

GeneL74

Hello... Sounds like you have enough critters to keep you busy!

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place!

Tonia

Welcome Deborah!!! Glad to have you with us here in Fishlore, you will find loads of great information and advice from the friendly people here. Everyone truly cares about you, your fish and your other pets.

mosaicguppy

Welcome to FL!

msavary76

Hey deborah, Hope you enjoy your stay here at fishlore.

demilly

Thank you everybody. I am happy to be here, and hope to be more than a "lurker". I do like my critters, for sure! Even dreamnt about my fish the other night -- lol

demilly

Welcome! You may want to consider making a waterbottle baffle if the filter current is bothering your betta. There are a few videos on you tube, and they are relatively easy to make.

Thank you so much, I am going to check that out. He is much happier now, even making a bubble nest!! With the filter on, it was just too difficult for him.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Brittany
Replies
Views
Icewolf
Replies
Views
BravetheBetta
Replies
Views