Just a casual game of two truths and a lie! - Page 3

Aquariumlover1357

Mii said:
since @Betta'sAnonymous hasn't told us what it is yet, I'll post one to keep this going in the mean time.
1) I have bred fish
2) my catfish out number all my other fish
3) all my tanks are the same brand. (not including my quarantine tank which is a plastic tub)
I'm guessing 1?

Mii

Aquariumlover1357 said:
I'm guessing 1?
busted! next question?

ok, I guess I'll go again
1) I have remote control cars that are older than me
2) all my tanks have plants in them (once again not counting quarantine tanks)
3) other people in my immediate family are fishkeepers.

JustAFishServant

Alrighty, I'll post some more questions!

1. At one point I used to run 3 separate rescues, each for Rats, Goldfish, and Hermit Crabs!
2. I currently run a Betta rescue and have 15 rescued fish as of this time!
3. I currently have 2 small Goldfish breeds in a heavily-planted 50 gallon Walstad!

Mii

JustAFishServant said:
Alrighty, I'll post some more questions!

1. At one point I used to run 3 separate rescues, each for Rats, Goldfish, and Hermit Crabs!
2. I currently run a Betta rescue and have 15 rescued fish as of this time!
3. I currently have 2 small Goldfish breeds in a heavily-planted 50 gallon Walstad!
perhaps 2? 15 bettas is a lot

JustAFishServant

Mii said:
perhaps 2? 15 bettas is a lot
Haha, nope! It's #3. This aquarium is actually one of my future plans, but has not been set up as of yet. The most rescue Bettas I had at one time was 28! Over 80 have been rescued in total since I started this small local Colorado rescue in 2015! It will eventually be a licensed non-profit, but I haven't quite gotten to that point yet, mainly due to COVID-19. Also one of the 15 is a young male Endler that I rescued as a tiny 3 day old fry, so technically 14 Bettas

Edit: oh, and each Betta gets a minimum of 15-29 gallons, so you can see how much space this rescue takes up!

Aquariumlover1357

Mii said:
busted! next question?

ok, I guess I'll go again
1) I have remote control cars that are older than me
2) all my tanks have plants in them (once again not counting quarantine tanks)
3) other people in my immediate family are fishkeepers.
I think 3. 2 is probably true, 1 is very rare and cool but still seems true, but 3's a little vague....

Mii

Aquariumlover1357 said:
I think 3. 2 is probably true, 1 is very rare and cool but still seems true, but 3's a little vague....
yes it's 3

Aquariumlover1357

lol here I'll go.

1) I play guitar
2) I have a piece of driftwood in my betta tank
3) I have a piano.

See what strategy I'm going for? I ran out of cool things.

Mii

Aquariumlover1357 said:
lol here I'll go.

1) I play guitar
2) I have a piece of driftwood in my betta tank
3) I have a piano.

See what strategy I'm going for? I ran out of cool things.
idk, driftwood is pretty common, and I'm guessing more people have guitars than pianos, although they're both not super rare, so I guess 3?

1) I'm into cars
2) I know a foreign language
3) I like snakes

JustAFishServant

How about these....They're hard!

1. I have an all black, green-eyed British Bombay Cat named Malachite. He was severely abused, beaten, and thrown out of a moving van as a kitten which resulted in minor brain damage, ultimately causing him dangerous seizures. Although it took him over 4.5 years to adjust, he is now the sweetest boy on Earth!

2. I have a pet toad named Kiwi that I rescued from the nearby marshlands. His front left leg was completely degloved, skin missing from all corners of his tiny arm. He was afraid of my hands during the first month or so due to handling of his painful wound but is now a very personable boy, coming up to the tank and begging whenever it's breakfast time! You can see that his skin has completely grown back but is still thin, making his elbow partially visible.

3. My personal Betta is Honey, a Chocolate Rosetail who also turned out to be a "dwarf" and a rare long-tailed female, with a tail matching or exceeding the length of Plakat males! She was rescued 18 months ago from a Walmart when she was only 2 months old! At the store she was seen in a small, dirty cup, cold, stressed, small chunks taken out of her fins. A year and a half later, she's now the happiest, sassiest, and most personable of any Betta I've ever had!

Can you tell which one is the lie?

Jojo205

I’ll post one just for fun hahahaha

1. Ive lived in the same city my entire life
2. The fish I currently own are the first fish I’ve owned
3. I show dogs

shrimpyay

Mii said:
Maybe 2? Juggling is hard.
You're right! I couldn't juggle to save my life. Might be fun to watch me try though.

BlackOsprey

Jojo205 said:
guessing #1
Ding dong u are wrong~!

My dad is a 50yo heart surgeon obsessed with Taylor Swift and has actually played it on the job in the OR. He is completely unashamed of this.

I've never been to a live T. Swift concert, but dad has. Mom accompanied him so he wouldn't look really weird in a crowd of young folk n preteens.

I buy merch as gifts for dad.

Aquariumlover1357

Mii said:
idk, driftwood is pretty common, and I'm guessing more people have guitars than pianos, although they're both not super rare, so I guess 3?

1) I'm into cars
2) I know a foreign language
3) I like snakes
nope it's 2. I do have a piece of rock that's shaped like driftwood tho lol. Would urs be #2? I'm just randomly guessing...

JustAFishServant said:

1. I have an all black, green-eyed British Bombay Cat named Malachite. He was severely abused, beaten, and thrown out of a moving van as a kitten which resulted in minor brain damage, ultimately causing him dangerous seizures. Although it took him over 4.5 years to adjust, he is now the sweetest boy on Earth!

2. I have a pet toad named Kiwi that I rescued from the nearby marshlands. His front left leg was completely degloved, skin missing from all corners of his tiny arm. He was afraid of my hands during the first month or so due to handling of his painful wound but is now a very personable boy, coming up to the tank and begging whenever it's breakfast time! You can see that his skin has completely grown back but is still thin, making his elbow partially visible.

3. My personal Betta is Honey, a Chocolate Rosetail who also turned out to be a "dwarf" and a rare long-tailed female, with a tail matching or exceeding the length of Plakat males! She was rescued 18 months ago from a Walmart when she was only 2 months old! At the store she was seen in a small, dirty cup, cold, stressed, small chunks taken out of her fins. A year and a half later, she's now the happiest, sassiest, and most personable of any Betta I've ever had!

Hmm... I think all of these are real events, but one of them is twisted a little. I'm going to say #2. No dates or specific timestamps, and I don't think your toad would still have his elbow visible. My frog lost an entire leg from knee and down, and he's managed to grow almost half that in about 4 months. Bones and all. Am i wrong? Those are all really sad but kinda cool stories!

BlackOsprey said:
Ding dong u are wrong~!

My dad is a 50yo heart surgeon obsessed with Taylor Swift and has actually played it on the job in the OR. He is completely unashamed of this.

I've never been to a live T. Swift concert, but dad has. Mom accompanied him so he wouldn't look really weird in a crowd of young folk n preteens.

I buy merch as gifts for dad.
That's so cool that your dad is a heart surgeon. lol I'm pretty sure we thought that you meant he wuz having the heart surgery, and never thought he would be the one that's doing the surgery. haha

JustAFishServant

Aquariumlover1357 said:
nope it's 2. I do have a piece of rock that's shaped like driftwood tho lol. Would urs be #2? I'm just randomly guessing...

Hmm... I think all of these are real events, but one of them is twisted a little. I'm going to say #2. No dates or specific timestamps, and I don't think your toad would still have his elbow visible. My frog lost an entire leg from knee and down, and he's managed to grow almost half that in about 4 months. Bones and all. Am i wrong? Those are all really sad but kinda cool stories!
Good guess, but actually it's #1! All have elements of truth, but my kitty's real name is Sebastian

Unfortunately all of those sad events are true as well. Sebastian was severely abused as a kitten, Honey is my personal Betta with incredible finnage, and the skin on Kiwi's elbow is very thin, so his elbow bone is kind of visible (if you look hard enough!) Good guess, though!

Animefishes

BettasAreSuperior said:
I think #2. Lol, you gotta have a betta before this!

I think number 2.
I think it's 1

Mii said:
Ok. New question
1) I have been to Disney Land
2) I have a betta fish
3) I don't like beans
3 is the lie, beans are a godly fruit

1. I'm currently planning 2 new tanks at a time
2. I have a cichlid in the same tank as 2 platies
3. I've traveled out of this country 7 times

JustAFishServant

Aquariuman said:
Hmm...I would guess #3? I made a mistake earlier of having a major brain fart and completely forgot about Apistogrammas! So #2 could be true. And don't we all plan several tanks at a time? I'm honestly planning at least 4 or 5!

Aquariumlover1357

Aquariuman said:
I think it's #2. Donno why. Just wanted to randomly guess something.

AcornTheBetta

I'll go again.
#1 I live near water
#2 I like Notre Dame Football
#3 I like sandwiches

Aquariumlover1357

AcornTheBetta said:
I'll go again.
#1 I live near water
#3 I like sandwiches
I think #1. I have absolutely no idea what you like.

1) I'm very bored
2) I'm hungry
3) I'm happy

Mii

JustAFishServant said:

I honestly can't tell which is a lie, but if by "rescue" you mean bought, please don't rescue bettas from the store, as the store will see "oh look, this sells well, we should sell more of these", yes, the bettas will die, it is horrible, but if we all stop buying them, it will save hundreds of bettas in the future from having to endure this abuse. stealing bettas from Walmart is cool though, it stops animal abuse without supporting the abuser. (although I personally don't do this because I don't wanna get arrested.)
Jojo205 said:
I’ll post one just for fun hahahaha

1. Ive lived in the same city my entire life
2. The fish I currently own are the first fish I’ve owned
3. I show dogs
maybe 1?
Aquariuman said:
3 is the lie, beans are a godly fruit

I have no idea, they honestly all sound pretty believeable.
AcornTheBetta said:
I'll go again.
#1 I live near water
#3 I like sandwiches
if you have an aquarium, you live near water, because aquariums are full of water. and everyone like sandwiches, so I'm guessing 2?

AcornTheBetta

Aquariumlover1357 said:

1) I'm very bored
2) I'm hungry
3) I'm happy
You r right.

AcornTheBetta

Mii said:
I honestly can't tell which is a lie, but if by "rescue" you mean bought, please don't rescue bettas from the store, as the store will see "oh look, this sells well, we should sell more of these", yes, the bettas will die, it is horrible, but if we all stop buying them, it will save hundreds of bettas in the future from having to endure this abuse. stealing bettas from Walmart is cool though, it stops animal abuse without supporting the abuser. (although I personally don't do this because I don't wanna get arrested.)

maybe 1?

I have no idea, they honestly all sound pretty believeable.

if you have an aquarium, you live near water, because aquariums are full of water. and everyone like sandwiches, so I'm guessing 2?
1 is the lie.

Mii

AcornTheBetta said:
1 is the lie.
but if you have an aquarium in your house it is full of water so there for you live near water

AcornTheBetta

Mii said:
but if you have an aquarium in your house it is full of water so there for you live near water
ok. That's not what I meant tho...

shrimpyay

Aquariumlover1357 said:

1) I'm very bored
2) I'm hungry
3) I'm happy
I'm guessing #3. Because I've never been bored and happy, or hungry and happy. Normally hungry=HANGRY

Aquariumlover1357

shrimpyay said:
I'm guessing #3. Because I've never been bored and happy, or hungry and happy. Normally hungry=HANGRY
Exactly.

FishGirl115

#1 I just moved
#2 I love traveling
#3 I own cichlids

AcornTheBetta

FishGirl115 said:
#1 I just moved
#2 I love traveling
#3 I own cichlids

Jojo205

Mii said:
it’s 2, I’ve lived in the same town for my entire life and I do show dogs. I’ve had 3 bettas when I was like 10 (all at different times or in a divided tank, i at least knew THAT). They weren’t taken care of well at all, the “divided tank” was 1/2 gallon... the tank wasn’t cycled but they somehow lived for 2 years with no heater or filter and weekly 100% water changes, oof

erinw347

1. I threw a birthday party for my snail a year ago
2. I have two cats
3. I have made 4 different attempts at a shrimp tank and all failed.

FishGirl115

erinw347 said:
1. I threw a birthday party for my snail a year ago
2. I have two cats
3. I have made 4 different attempts at a shrimp tank and all failed.
2?

Mii

1) I have claustrophobia
2) I have a phobia of spiders
3) I have needle phobia

Mii

yay I just recently became "well known"

Betta'sAnonymous

1) i have never used a firearm in my life.
2) i have 9 tattoos
3) i used to have almost 20 piercings.

FishGirl115

Betta'sAnonymous said:
2) i have 9 tattoos
How can you "used to have" piercings? Aren't those permanent?

Jojo205

FishGirl115 said:
How can you "used to have" piercings? Aren't those permanent?
If u take out the piercing soon enough after getting it done it just closes up. My earring holes closed up after having them pierced for 4 years then not wearing earrings for 5. There’s a little scar there that looks like it’s still there but it’s not a hole anymore

FishGirl115

Betta'sAnonymous said:
2) i have 9 tattoos
Umm, number 1 2 or 3
Jojo205 said:
If u take out the piercing soon enough after getting it done it just closes up. My earring holes closed up after having them pierced for 4 years then not wearing earrings for 5. There’s a little scar there that looks like it’s still there but it’s not a hole anymore
Huh. Interesting

Betta'sAnonymous

FishGirl115 said:
Umm, number 1 2 or 3

Huh. Interesting
Well.. 1, 2 or 3 sure narrows it down a bit lol

FishGirl115

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Well.. 1, 2 or 3 sure narrows it down a bit lol
Lol. Uh huh Umm, no clue random guess. 2??

Betta'sAnonymous

FishGirl115 said:
Lol. Uh huh Umm, no clue random guess. 2??
Nah, #1 is the lie. I have had extensive training in the use of firearms for shooting and hand to hand combat.

Cowardlyslimeball

Hi guys!
This is a fun forum game, the rules are:
One player states three things about himself, two of which are true and one of which is a lie. The other players have to guess which is the lie. The player who guesses correctly first takes the next turn.

I'll start!
I have gone snowboarding before.
I've been on an airplane before
I have been bitten by a dog

Katie13

Is the lie that you’ve been on an airplane before? I don’t know why, but it seems like a common one.

Cowardlyslimeball

Katie13 said:
Is the lie that you’ve been on an airplane before? I don’t know why, but it seems like a common one.
How did you guess? You're next!

Katie13

Cowardlyslimeball said:
How did you guess? You're next!
I’m going to play off of yours a bit
1. I’ve never been bit by a dog.
2. I’ve got 9 aquariums.
3. I actually like snakes.

Cowardlyslimeball

Katie13 said:
2. I’ve got 9 aquariums.
[/QUOTE/]
You like snakes?

Katie13

Wrong, I have 8 pet snakes

aquafrogg

Katie13 said:
2. I’ve got 9 aquariums.
I’m going to guess that you don’t have 9 aquariums. You probably have something close, like 8 or 10

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom