Just 1 more

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
what kind of filtration do you have? i think you *could* put a small pleco in there....but only if the filtration was like 4x of what is recommended. otos are very cute too. or maybe a siamese algae eater.

Spencer1044

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I will probably go to my lfs and get like 25 ghost shrimp the store sells I think it's 10 for $2.50 25 for $5.00 75 for $10.00

Spencer1044

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I just hope the paradise leaves them alone hate to lose a bunch. I guess if they end up having babies it would be a good snack for all of the fish. Is that cruel to think because I've never fed my fish live food and that would be a source?

Spencer1044

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Oh and my filtration is two 40 or 30 gallon filters I can't remember one is Aqueon and the other is a topfin

Spencer1044

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I was thinking about buying a bunch of ceramic beads to put in the filters because I stop using filter pads a while ago because the bacteria is taking good care of the water quality do you think the beads would help even further

Spencer1044

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Okay then I will probably do that thanks for everything guys. Love the quick responses.

Siould

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The only Plecotomus small enough would be a Pitbull Pleco. You’ve got good filtration. That’s good to hear. It’s more than you need, but that’s not a bad thing. You could also get Chinese Trapdoor Snails. Ghost Shrimp are great, too. They are pretty cool looking. They get to be about two inches, so they may or may not get eaten. Some people use them as live feeders.

Spencer1044

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Could I do both the Pleco and shrimp I've never really heard a rule for how many shrimp to a tank

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
you can't really have too mnay shrimp. at least in that tank. their bioload is small. so i'd say yes to both.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom