Jumper! And a new boy :)

cajunfiberco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
OMG I just had my first jumper experience! That was crazy --

I was feeding the boys in the condo. Nemo is in the last compartment, Thomas is next, then Oscar, then Eragon. I have a piece of canvas covering them all so I can keep the water level fairly high. The canvas is flush with the dividers.

So when I feed, I feed R-L, so it's E, O, T, N. Well I had just fed Oscar and I have to lift up the canvas to do it, Thomas jumped over when he saw the food! I guess he was hungry I freaked for like 3 seconds, just frozen. I had felt the splash and looked and saw T, I was like wait.. that's not right lol! Well Thomas was just going to town eating Oscar's food and I think Oscar was in shock lol they just stared at each other. Then I came to my senses and grabbed the net, thank goodness it's right there and not with my other fish stuff! T put up a fight but I finally got the nawty boy and put him back where he belonged. I'm wondering if I should get him his own tank now! Nawty nawty!

Ok well, the new boy. I was passing by the fish - it was my kids, I swear! They always beg to go see them and I of course immediatly got sad upon seeing the cup babies. Then one caught my eye .. he was white/transparent (can't think of the correct term) with a bit of marbling and these sad blue puppy dog eyes, begging me to take him for a better life... well I couldn't refuse. ;D His name is Elvis, I tried to name him Albus but Abby heard Elvis, so that he remains

Poor cup pics, but he's going into a semi-transparent container so you can see him better in here.

Attachments

Shiba

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
i hope i never have a jumper lol, Elvis looks good, but Albus would've been a good name for sure.

cajunfiberco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I can't even capture his colors correctly... he's very irridescent. He is already not clamping anymore And is looking like his fins may turn red with white edges. I tell ya though, this just strengthens my resolve to have every boy in their own tank!!

Shiba

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
that'd be really hard for you, do you have 3 betta in that 5 gal?

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
congrats cajun! that's funny, i saw a boy who looked very similar the other day. i didn't end up getting him cos i have a girl who is light. i got a steal grey silvery crowntail....i tried to post pics, but i'm not very good at it and can't get it to work! elvis is very pretty. get some pics when he's in his new home!

cajunfiberco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Shiba said:
that'd be really hard for you, do you have 3 betta in that 5 gal?
2 in the 5 gallon. Tonks is a snail

When I say tank, what I am really referring to is getting plastic semi-clear containers. (at least 3 gallons each)

Actually I think what I will do is get another 5 gallon kit and separate Kingsley & Sirius. And leave the 15 gallon as it is unless I have more jumper problems. If Thomas does it again I'm putting him in his own place, in a plastic container.

fishtroy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Oh, that jumper story is funny! Shock then panic mode sets in!

Your new boy is gorgeous, I just love the fighters that are that sort of colour. I never know what to call it though.

cajunfiberco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
opaque! went look it up, it was bugging me lol

It wasn't just the splash I felt, I felt Thomas rub against my hand when he jumped. You'd swear I never fed him! Little piggy! lol

Oh and I forgot to mention the cashier story, I wanted to punch him ...

'Don't put bettas with other fish'
'I know. I have 9 more at home'
'Ok, just making sure. Once, for fun, I bought like 6 and put them together. I woke up to a tank of dead fish. It was 6 bettas against 4 tiger barbs, and the barbs ate them all. It was worth it for a night of entertainment.'

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Aw, that's so cruel! Entertainment?! I won't be surprised if the PETA gets involved with this! They're all campaigning against dogfighting and all that and ignore the mistreated fish. RRRGGGGHHH.

cajunfiberco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I know Those poor, poor boys

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
wow, what an ignorant thing to do. i'm just not sure why someone would think that is ok to do. no respect.

hooxeii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Wow, he looks just like my Volly, except with more blue! Glad to see he's got a good home

Shiba

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
ohmygod that's terrible!
i would never fight fish ever!

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What a cute new boy

fishtroy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'd like to get that cashier and put him in a room with 5 or 6 hungry & angry lions or tigers. Same thing, he did to the fish. Horrible person. Makes my blood boil with anger.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads