Jumbo Cerith Snails

Gozer_1
I just got an order of Jumbo Cerith snails from Drs F&S and I have to say they are awesome. They have been plowing through all the algae in my tank. Green, hair, red slime, all of it. They bury in the sand in the day and are a descent size so they do a wonderful job of stirring the substrate too. They also eat detritus and left over food. I originaly ordered regular size Ceriths but they sent me Jumbos instead. I may have way too many at some point but for now they are just what I needed.

Anyone else have or seen Jumbo Ceriths?

bhcaaron
It has almost been two months since your post. How has it been going with the snails? Updates? Problems? Compatibility?

Gozer_1
They love their life. I have trails of eggs in nooks and crannies. My sand stays nice and stirred and the algae never grows more than a little peach fuzz. I totally recommend these snails. They don't eat as much as a Mexican Turbo but they try to. I have 30 in a 55G and was worried that I may have too many but now I think I only have about 5 too many. (I have 2 Astrea, 30 nassarious, and 1 Mexican Turbo also.) After awhile they started leave any red slime alone. Guess it doen't taste good. Oh well I got the slime under control. One patch just won't die lol.

So, yeah, how's that for an update?

bhcaaron
So, yeah, how's that for an update?

Loved it. You get an A+!

Are there any snails or any kind of clean up crew for red slime? And, you recommend the Mexican snail then?

leximommy
whats a mexican snail?

bhcaaron
Its a snail.... from MEXICO! ;D

leximommy
really I thought it came from france.....lol

bhcaaron
Mais no mademoisel, c'est Mexicain, pas Francais!

If there are French readers out there, cover your eyes, I haven't had to spell in french in ages!

leximommy
OH NO NO! Cava?

leximommy
Vous jamais regarderez ma réponse à votre question ?

leximommy
I'm va à s'amuse maintenant que je sais que vous savez quelque français !

leximommy
lol ok did I scare you?

I asked if you looked at my answer to your question yet then I said I'm going to have some fun now that I know you speak a little french!

bhcaaron
You can assume all you wan't. I'm denying the whole thing! lol jk

I only took a year of preliminary French back in my freshman year in highschool, or was it sophomore? hmm?

leximommy
lol ok I'm sorry.....I had to take a whole bunch of langueage classes so...I know more than I care to....lol

Gozer_1
Je parle francais un peu. J'aI pris tres ans de francais dans high school. Je dois reconnaitre que j'aI utilise un traducteur en ligne pour ecrir cette reponse bien que.

hehehehe

I don't know anything that will really go after the redslime. The Mexican turbo does a little and so do the others but I have one patch they never touch. I just siphon it out once a week.

bhcaaron
Je parle francais un peu. J'aI pris tres ans de francais dans high school. Je dois reconnaitre que j'aI utilise un traducteur en ligne pour ecrir cette reponse bien que.

"I speak a little bit of French. I took three years of French in High School. I (something) (something) that I used an online translator to write this response well."

How'd I do for no online help and one year of prelI'm French ten years ago?

Gozer_1
"I speak a little bit of French. I took three years of French in High School. I (something) (something) that I used an online translator to write this response well."

How'd I do for no online help and one year of prelI'm French ten years ago?

"Well, I have to admit that I used an online translator to write this response"

bhcaaron
So I wasn't THAT far off. At least, probably, I know enough to order food without getting slapped, right?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MissNoodle
Replies
Views
ahisma
Replies
Views
NeriteSnailsAndGoldfish
Replies
Views