Juli Cory Question Help

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by wibbylynn, Jun 15, 2018.

1. wibbylynn

wibbylynn Valued Member Member

Hi everyone,
    The other day I got 2 juli cories, 2 green cories and 5 guppies. I noticed one of the juli cories has a tattered fin before I even got home. I put everyone in with some stress coat.
    I’ve Noticed the juli cories in general are much less active than the green cories, but this one doesn’t seem to move much at all most of the time. I have seen him move around some, but more often than not he is just on a rock.
    Thoughts? IMG_4200.JPG IMG_4199.JPG

2. Adriifu

Adriifu Well Known Member Member

Just looks like a bit of fin rot. As long as your tank has good water conditions, he'll be fine. Is it cycled? What are the parameters? What size is the tank?

Corydoras need to be kept in groups of six or more. They also prefer being with the same sub-species. For example, panda cories go with panda cories and albino cories go with albino cories. I would suggest getting rid of one species and buying more of the other.

3. OP
    OP
    wibbylynn

It’s a 50g tank. 78 degrees, 7-7.4 pH, ammonia less than 0.02. I plan to get 3 more of each type of Cory this week sometime, I hadn’t realized I needed more of each and I bought the last that the store had so I need to wait until they restock.

Should I put more stress coat in?

4. Adriifu

Getting three more of each type works out well, too. Stress coat contains aloe as a substitute for the slime coat, which won't really help that much with his fin rot. I prefer using Seachem Stress Guard, Seachem Prime, and water changes. You have ammonia in this tank, meaning that it isn't cycled. I would suggest getting an API Master Test Kit to test everything while you get the tank cycled. Here's some information on the nitrogen cycle:  

Perform daily 25% water changes with the addition of Seachem Prime and Seachem Stress Guard. Continue doing so until the parameters seem stable (ammonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates >20)

5. OP
    OP
    wibbylynn

Great thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2018
  6. OP
    OP
    wibbylynn

He was dead this morning :(

7. Adriifu

That sucks :( Sorry for your loss. I would still continue the directions above for your other corydoras.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice