Joeys Arowana

1. MelloYello

MelloYello Valued Member Member

Anyone else feel like seriously hurt because TheKingOfDIY's Arowana is hurt??? I dont know why but I actually feel as though that fish is one of my own fish as well. (Even though I dont even live in the same country as him)

Well I do hope the fish gets better.

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Yes, I just watched this video today.
    Hopefully his Arowana gets better soon.

3. grantm91

grantm91 Fishlore VIP Member

Sad, but a reminder that it happens to the best of us.

4. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlf Well Known Member Member

So, how does he know it jumped? One reason I hate videos like this, I'm not watching a slow, rambling 12 minute long video just to find out of there's something more substantive than "I heard a splash and it looks like it has a dent on its back."

5. BettaPonic

BettaPonic Well Known Member Member

I hope he gets better. I am more of a fan of Frank though.

6. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

I saw that video. I thought he was going to just cry...felt bad for him. All the hard work he's done and that fish might not be around long enough to enjoy it.

7. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Not to mention, he spent thousands on that giant fish.

8. stella1979

stella1979 Moderator Moderator Member

I'm with you OP, I almost cried when I watched the video today... I also almost started a thread about it but got busy for awhile and when I came back I saw this.

I can thank Joey for making other members of my family more excited about fish and tanks, my husband in particular. I guess I can also thank Joey that I now have a tank with integrated weir filtration. Watching today's video did make me feel like it was one of my own fish that was hurt.:( Joey was so close to announcing a name for the big guy too.:(

Hoping for the best for Joey, his arowana and Frank & the rays too.

9. Bailey Oswald

Bailey Oswald Well Known Member Member

That video made me sad. I saw people in the comments saying to just put the fish out of its misery, but i think that he is doing the best thing by giving it a chance to heal.

10. tunafax

tunafax Well Known Member Member

I'm watching now. My heart is broken.

11. OP
    OP
    MelloYello

MelloYello Valued Member Member

I know!!! Hes 5 years old and almost got his name, I was feeling so attached to him.

12. Redshark1

Redshark1 Well Known Member Member

I believe this is quite common, it's a jumping fish after all.

13. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

Joey has many many many years of experience in the hobby, he knows what he is looking for and how to deal with it. He mentioned that he thought of many different things but they all got ruled out for one reason or another.

14. tunafax

I've been looking at that wood funny the whole time. I hope the arowana gets better, and he can find a compromise with the wood, and all will be ok, and we get a name reveal, and its a happy ending and and and :( :( :( :(

15. Celestialgirl

Celestialgirl Well Known Member Member

I watched a second video, and he thinks when he jumped he landed on his side on the wood and injured his swim bladder badly.

16. Bettanewb

Bettanewb Well Known Member Member

I just finished watching the second video it broke my heart to see the arowana and Joey in so much pain.

17. O

OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

That fish looks reeaally bad and not comfortable. I do wish him luck but I would probably have put it out of it's misery today. I don't think this story has a happy ending.

18. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

Has Joey put any more updates out after the second video?

19. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

Saw this as soon as it came out, was thinking about making a thread myself. So sad :(
    He's going live with an update in just a couple minutes as I type.

20. tunafax

"Doing a little bit better!! Responding a little to me!!!" I feel like prolonging this is unfortunately giving Joey and us false hope, though if I were in his shoes I'd be doing everything I can as well.