jobs

1. beckers4oranges Member Member

what kind of jobs can u get into that involve fish

2. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

you can work in a pet store, be a fish vet, be a fish show judge...

3. Marc Well Known Member Member

Marine Biologist, Fish Biologist (forget the specific name), Zoologist, etc.

4. chris02_84 Member Member

a japanese chef :mad:

5. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

awwwwwwwwwwwww that was horrible lol

6. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

sorry i dont get it

petstore wouldnt be good enough pay to make a living

7. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

A Japanese Chef LOL Did you know that some of the fish we keep in aquariums are used for food fishes in their home lands? (I just thought it was interesting ::) 0
    Carol

8. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

japanese chef thats funny (sorry)
    but I would hate it :-X I don't like seafood at all

9. beckers4oranges Member Member

id rather watch the sea food..then eat it... and i was actually considering being a marine biologist or a vet or sumn... choices choices choices...

10. Jason Well Known Member Member

I'm going to Marine Biology also. or be a Zoologist and specialize in fish (ichthyology)

11. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

Yeah you could work at some pbulic aquarium that'd be cool, or if you're good at designing tanks you could work for one of those companies that set-up tanks

12. vin Well Known Member Member

Marine biology.....That would about cover it..... ;) :D

Also, check your local zoo. I know ours has volunteer program. Perhaps there is a similar program in a zoo near you? It may parlay itself into a job.....I know of a person who is very knowledgable about snakes and reptiles. He volunteers at the Zoo on weekends and takes care of the reptile house.

13. vin Well Known Member Member

Also known as Sushi Chef........... ::)

14. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Most public aquariums have volunteer programs. Maybe if you volunteered while you went to school it would give you an opening to ask for a job ;)
    Carol

15. beckers4oranges Member Member

yea...i actually think im going to go into architecture in college...i have a really good idea about having a filter system build into a house and haveing major tanks in them...just an idea that i would really love to bring into this world

16. vin Well Known Member Member

My wife has a friend from work who's husband is a big saltwater hobbyist. His filtration system is amazing and he's got one room dedicated just to that. It's a trickle system with protein skimmers, replenishment tanks, the whole bit. It's pretty impressive.

17. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

I wish I had something like that :'(