jelly bean blood parrot Free

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade, Free' started by JDcichlidlover, Dec 8, 2012.

1. JDcichlidlover

JDcichlidlover Well Known Member Member

IMG_0651[1].JPG I rescued him from a ten gallon tank. Poor little guy. :( my hubby hasn't given in to my mts yet so I can't get another tank so my mbunas are picking on him/her a bit. He's only 3 in long so far. I just want him to have a good sized tank to grow up in :) he's a cute yellow color. ,I live in wooster, oh. So if anyone nearby would like him let me know :D

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  2. Ava

Ava Valued Member Member

Got pics?

3. OP
    OP
    JDcichlidlover

4. Ava

Ava Valued Member Member

Awww, he/she's a pretty one. Shame I don't have a big enough tank to fit him/her.:(

What will you do if you don't have any takers?

5. OP
    OP
    JDcichlidlover

Not sure. I guess I could take him to the store and adopt him out but I don't want to do that. Someone who's gonna put him in a ten might get him again :( there's a teacher up the road at an elementary school who has a 75 I've been trying to talk him into doing oscars or jds. All he puts in it is feeder goldfish! So of course most of them die. I think he has 2 hand sized goldfish.
    I just want this lil guy to have a big tank to grow up in :( he runs with my mbuna but he can't nip back so he gets his tail ripped. Its ok, just a lil ragged. Sorry bout the bad pics all I have is my phone

6. Ava

Ava Valued Member Member

They're GOOD pics. Alright, "just for curiosity's sake" - how big would this fish get (tank size wise)?

7. bankruptjojo

bankruptjojo Fishlore VIP Member

id take him if i was closer.

a 55g tank would be fine for 2 of them. they get around 10in long.

are you sure hes a jelly bean? usually they are strange colors from dying, the orange is there natural color.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  8. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:) This belongs in the b/s/t/f forum.

9. OP
    OP
    JDcichlidlover

Well it said jellybean and I thougght they were brown when they're little and change to red? Yeah 55 would be fine for him. Well he's for free. I just don't want him beat up by my mbuna anymore.

10. bankruptjojo

bankruptjojo Fishlore VIP Member

well this is in the b/s/t so no more discussion, pm's only. this is the best place for it though.

it might be a jelly bean im not 100% on what actually makes it a jelly bean.

i really cant even afford shipping right now. hopefully someone will get him from you, very fun fish i have 5 already.

11. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning,

Different places may call a Blood Red Parrot by a different name. It's my understanding that a JellyBean Parrot is a cross between a female Bloody Parrot and a Male Pink Convict.

Too, some folks call a dyed Bloody Parrot a Jelly Bean.

The fish in the photos looks like a Bloody Parrot to me. It may have been dyed in the past but the fish looks fine. I hope you can find it a good home.

Thanks Jojo...yes, from this point on please use Private Messages.

Ken

Thanks

12. OP
    OP
    JDcichlidlover

well, my african's are really starting to go after him, some scales on his side are loose, I feel awful for taking him to my store, but at least I'll be able to try to find him a home there too, Bryce doesn't care for bp's but he'll care for my sake and try to find him a big tank. closing the thread. If anyone wants him, he's going to the petco in wooster Oh today. he'll probably be on sale for $10 but bryce always negotiates, theres another in the tank there and he'd probably do both for 20. the other one is 20 so two for one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice