Jellibeen's Fish Tanks

Jellibeen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well, i recently bought a 15 gallon hex tank with stand and accessories for $35. I am overjoyed! I love the look of hex tanks, and have wanted one for awhile. I am so glad i waited and got a killer deal! This means that i can upgrade my 10 gallon shrimp tank into the hex tank, and keep my betta in the 15 gallon column tank i originally bought for the shrimp.

An overview of my stocked tanks:

10 gallon planted tank with snowball neos. They've been breeding so some are red now. I don't really care about the colors. I love watching these guys.

15 gallon column tank with Banshee the betta and a few nerites.

29 gallon tank with zebra danios and zebra loaches

90 gallon tank with Archibald the common pleco. I know i will have to either get a bigger tank or rehome him, but that's a few years down the line. Hopefully i can get a bigger tank by then. I also know it's weird to have a 90 gallon with one fish in it. He is currently residing at my parent's house. My mom keeps a 55 gallon so she knows how to take care of fish. I don't want her to have to do frequent water changes on my tank so i am keeping it very understocked. Archibald has big pieces of driftwood, a ton of duckweed, PVC caves, and so much space to himself. It's a great upgrade from being pestered by zebra loaches constantly.

Currently i am in the process of making a lot of changes to my tanks. The shrimp will be moved to the hex tank once it's established, the column tank and 29 gallon are going to swap places in my bedroom, i'm switching the substrate in the 29 from gravel to sand, etc. I am holding off on getting new fish for the 29 until i change the substrate, but i plan on filling out my danio school and getting one or two apistos. I spend a lot of time mentally planning these things, and now i will keep a record here too.

Jellibeen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Here is a picture of the 15 gallon column tank. It’s messy right now. I have an algae problem and was too busy last week to do much manual removal. I added some anarachis to absorb nitrates and cleaned up everything yesterday. It looks a lot better, but still has a ways to go. Banshee is King of the Column. He is constantly exploring every bit of this tank.

Attachments

Jellibeen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Here’s my 29 gallon. I really want the pink gravel to work, but once i started adding live plants it really started to clash. I’ll be switching it with white sand when i have an extra set of hands to help me.

I went on Algae Patrol today. I took the plants and driftwood out, sprayed them with hydrogen peroxide, and gently rinsed them. Hopefully this helps.

Attachments

Jellibeen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Did a whole bunch of stuff today! It’s still sloppy, but i’m glad to have everything in there. I did a very thorough cleaning since i was having cyanobacteria problems.
1DB08A87-8CA5-418B-9883-207C3B3B1999.jpeg

Here is a view from the top. I have split leaf philodendron as well as a few pothos varieties. I love the look of emergent plants.
B5F67878-4E01-454D-B4BC-406E1DD8C101.jpeg

Jellibeen

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well, i’ve been pretty inconsistent as fair as updated this.

I ended up taking down my 29 gallon. It was a hard decision but i am glad i did it. After my apistos all died i really lost interest in the tank. Plus it was blocking half my closet. I feel a lot better being able to focus on planting only two tanks.

I still have my 15 gallon Banshee Manor betta tank, and a 10 gallon hex Shrimpville. I’ve had trouble with some
plants but have found plenty that are growing well. I realized i don’t want a challenge- i’d much rather stick with plants that grow well in my tank conditions with good lighting and fertilizer once or twice a week.

Here is Banshee Manor. You can see a flash of betta in the upoer right corner. I am looking for some more tall plants for the back. The sword i have seems to be growing mostly out, not up. I have some Italian Val and Leopard Val and would like more. It is spreading, but slowly,
BC25CBF8-A7D0-48F6-8569-9979FBEFF3A0.jpeg

I also need some short, ground cover plants. Any recomendations are appreciated!

Attachments

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom