Jay's new tank!

Discussion in 'Photos' started by waterlilykari, Jul 4, 2015.

1. waterlilykariWell Known MemberMember

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436066481.832177.jpg
    Unfortunately, until he adjusts to his new surroundings, Jay is one camera-shy little guy so this and one other are the best I have been able to get so far since putting him in his new tank. His old setup (esp. the old filter) was tearing up his fins and tail really bad to the point that he looks like he's got some major fin rot going on so it it was way overdue)
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436066715.616837.jpg
    Whole tank shot - still waiting on the background here since the one we ordered originally was the wrong size and trimming it down was not going to work either.
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436066837.464588.jpg
    The cleanup crew - there's only the single ghost shrimp but a total of 3 snails in there somewhere
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436066988.260531.jpg
    This is where I caught him sleeping just now...
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436067141.941139.jpg
    ...and where he was resting earlier. (Sorry about the weird ultra-bright coloration of everything else, with the light behind the leaves, auto-focus on an iPhone comes up with some interesting colors for things.)

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Claire Bear

Claire BearWell Known MemberMember

Very nice betta palace! :)

3. Kasye

KasyeValued MemberMember

Love the tank decor! It looks amazing!

4. OP
    OP
    w

waterlilykariWell Known MemberMember

I've gone to my favorite fish store since setting up the new betta tank and filled in even more plants, along with two more mini "stone" lantern decorations my son picked out

(My son felt the loosely Asian themed decor would make his betta feel more 'at home' because they are native to Asian habitats - I didn't have the heart to break it to him that if he really wanted to replicate as authentic a habitat as possible it would be the plants, shrimp and snails that would be a closer imitation, not a fake Torii Gate and stone lantern replicas but at least he meant well)

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice