Java moss turning brown

AGAqua

About 2 weeks ago I got some java moss to add to my rocks. Half of it now is green and the other half is brown. I think since I added it its been brown. How can I fix this? I have low ammonia and nitrites. My ph is a steady 7.8 at 80 F.

Dennis57

How is this planted? It should be attached to a rock, driftwood, etc.. Java moss grows the best in temp 70-75 degrees. Other causes can include a lack of nutrients, lack of water flow, sudden changes in water consistency.
It should pick back up after awhile. Also check your levels in the tank, make sure the nitrates are not to high

AGAqua

How is this planted? It should be attached to a rock, driftwood, etc.. Java moss grows the best in temp 70-75 degrees. Other causes can include a lack of nutrients, lack of water flow, sudden changes in water consistency.
It should pick back up after awhile. Also check your levels in the tank, make sure the nitrates are not to high
There is water flow, quite a bit, low nitrates, I dose ferts and the moss is attached to my rocks with super glue. Also steady water perameters

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ruud
  • Question
Replies
Views
faywayway
  • Question
Replies
Views
SanDiegoRedneck