Java Moss Growing Guide

backflipfronflip

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Attach to rock or wood with string or elastic band and place into fish tank.

It doesn't get much simpler than that really.

oscarsbud

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Java moss will attach itself to driftwood or rocks. It doesn't have roots so you have to fasten it down with something like string or netting until it attaches itself to the surface you want it to adhere to. Some people will make a moss wall, where they put the moss between 2 pieces of plastic canvas. There are instructions for that elsewhere in this forum.

PS - Love your profile, but the real info would make it a little easier for people to help .

ralph113

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Java moss will attach itself to driftwood or rocks. It doesn't have roots so you have to fasten it down with something like string or netting until it attaches itself to the surface you want it to adhere to. Some people will make a moss wall, where they put the moss between 2 pieces of plastic canvas. There are instructions for that elsewhere in this forum.

PS - Love your profile, but the real info would make it a little easier for people to help .
ah that well i gathered almost 90% of the infos from this forum a year 10 months ago so i know stuff now thanks to this forum, well from plants just a bit.

chevyguy8893

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Mine grows perfectly fine in 80F water as a moss wall, and attached to a piece of driftwood. Between high light, CO2, and EI dosing, it didn't take too long to start spreading across the driftwood. Keep an eye on it for any signs of algae. Since it grows slower algae is more attracted to it, and it is very hard to get rid of algae on moss.

ralph113

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Mine grows perfectly fine in 80F water as a moss wall, and attached to a piece of driftwood. Between high light, CO2, and EI dosing, it didn't take too long to start spreading across the driftwood. Keep an eye on it for any signs of algae. Since it grows slower algae is more attracted to it, and it is very hard to get rid of algae on moss.
sweet thanks! i have a HUGE snail, and it goes everywhere even on my really thin plants, so ill let him/her handle that and i have some ottos. THANKS

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom