Java fern turning brown

Gwlson7

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My java fern has started to turn brown and orange on the tips of leaves. Is it dying? Should I cut them off or how do I fix this? When I got it it was producing so many baby java ferns, but it hasn’t in a while and looks like it’s dying. ☹

Attachments

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Any plants with rhizomes shouldnt be buried. Once the rhizomes starts to rot then the whole plant dies. Java ferns should be attached to rocks or driftwood

OP
Gwlson7

Gwlson7

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The rhizomes are exposed, it’s tied to a piece of driftwood. I’ve realized it’s probably my new light that is causing the leaves to burn. How long should lights be on daily for plants to thrive?

Blueberrybetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Gwlson7 said:
The rhizomes are exposed, it’s tied to a piece of driftwood. I’ve realized it’s probably my new light that is causing the leaves to burn. How long should lights be on daily for plants to thrive?
Anubis & java fern are low light so the lighting could be it. Do you dose any ferts ? I have my anubis in the shade & dose ferts. Usually lights should be left on for more than 8 hours I'd say. All plants requires a different amount of lighting

OP
Gwlson7

Gwlson7

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My tank is fairly small, so unfortunately there isn’t much “shade”. I’m
Getting a new tank soon and will be moving the new light to that one, so I hope it won’t be a continued issue. I use seachem flourish occasionally.

New Threads