Java fern reproduction

Hi!
I bought this Java fern about a month ago and it started producing tiny separate plants with roots from its small brown spots on the leaves. I am wondering if/when I can remove them and how to remove and re-plant them. Thanks!

Attachments

• 55FDBBED-C27E-4271-AA17-C69EBC6E2A2F.jpeg
    55FDBBED-C27E-4271-AA17-C69EBC6E2A2F.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 9
  • D093F4B2-39CC-421B-8DB7-4B04A494A9EC.jpeg
    D093F4B2-39CC-421B-8DB7-4B04A494A9EC.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 9
Solution
Not sure if you already know but, Ferns actually produce spores instead of seeds to reproduce. The brown spots on the leaves of the fern are Spores that will grow whole new plants like a seed. Ferns are usually very hardy, feel free to rip those buggers off. You can think of it as seeds just stuck to the plant and just growing new plants. Ferns are amazing! I also found this handy wikiHow
Hi!
I bought this Java fern about a month ago and it started producing tiny separate plants with roots from its small brown spots on the leaves. I am wondering if/when I can remove them and how to remove and re-plant them. Thanks!
Once they get a bit bigger with some roots sticking out you can just pop it off. Its very simple to remove just a slight pull and itll be out, it will then grow bigger and then more leaves.

Not sure if you already know but, Ferns actually produce spores instead of seeds to reproduce. The brown spots on the leaves of the fern are Spores that will grow whole new plants like a seed. Ferns are usually very hardy, feel free to rip those buggers off. You can think of it as seeds just stuck to the plant and just growing new plants. Ferns are amazing! I also found this handy wikiHow

Solution

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom