Java fern help

ButNoElephants

Reaction score
I just received some Java fern I purchased online. It arrived in 3 separate plastic pots with some sort of packing material. I expected it would be 3 individual clumps that I could attach to some lava stone. Unfortunately each pot contains multiple individual strands.

How do I attach to something to anchor? Do I leave them in the plastic pots instead?

Danny002

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
You could loosely tie the strands together and then attach the bundles to the rocks, or you could leave them in the pots of you prefer that look.

OP
B

ButNoElephants

Reaction score
Danny002 said:
You could loosely tie the strands together and then attach the bundles to the rocks, or you could leave them in the pots of you prefer that look.
Perfect! I have no problems with then being in the pots as I will be using them as background plants. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't harmful!

Danny002

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
ButNoElephants said:
Perfect! I have no problems with then being in the pots as I will be using them as background plants. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't harmful!
Nope, they should be just fine! That being said I think I know the packing material you’re talking about and small pieces may flake off if it’s picked at too much but can be easily removed. Is it a beige, dense, fibrous sort of thing?

OP
B

ButNoElephants

Reaction score
Danny002 said:
Nope, they should be just fine! That being said I think I know the packing material you’re talking about and small pieces may flake off if it’s picked at too much but can be easily removed. Is it a beige, dense, fibrous sort of thing?
Yes that's exactly what it is.

Danny002

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
ButNoElephants said:
Yes that's exactly what it is.
Ok I know exactly what you’re talking about. I haven’t had any problems with it, but as your plants get bigger the roots may get a little big for the pots so just watch out for that

New Threads