Java Fern Budding?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by sinned4g63, Jun 15, 2018.

1. sinned4g63

sinned4g63 Valued Member Member

I got home today and noticed what looks like a leaf growing off of one of the not so great leaves on my java fern. If that's the case then I'm super excited, I must be doing something my plants love. :D In the first pic the tetra is pointing at the little leaf directly in line with the hose. 20180615_183838.jpg 20180615_183858.jpg 20180615_183954.jpg

2. Goldfishfreak

Goldfishfreak Valued Member Member

Yes that's it!! Mine do that aswell. IME they fall off after they reach a certain size and grow a few roots. After that you can leave it to root itself or plant it where you want it.

3. OP
    OP
    sinned4g63

I cut 2 leaves off that weren't looking so great on Sunday when cleaning the tank and noticed today there is a second sprout by the first.

Attached Files:

4. Goldfishfreak

Goldfishfreak Valued Member Member

Awesome!
    Mine get black spots when they start sprouting too. I can see them in the picture. The leaves do eventually go black and fall off but if you want it to grow more cut them off when they start to die

5. OP
    OP
    sinned4g63

Yeah the 2 leaves I cut off were turning yellow and had lots of brown spots all over. Definitely seems better now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice