Java Fern Budding?

sinned4g63

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I got home today and noticed what looks like a leaf growing off of one of the not so great leaves on my java fern. If that's the case then I'm super excited, I must be doing something my plants love. In the first pic the tetra is pointing at the little leaf directly in line with the hose.
20180615_183838.jpg
20180615_183858.jpg
20180615_183954.jpg

Goldfishfreak

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yes that's it!! Mine do that aswell. IME they fall off after they reach a certain size and grow a few roots. After that you can leave it to root itself or plant it where you want it.

Goldfishfreak

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
sinned4g63 said:
I cut 2 leaves off that weren't looking so great on Sunday when cleaning the tank and noticed today there is a second sprout by the first.
Awesome!
Mine get black spots when they start sprouting too. I can see them in the picture. The leaves do eventually go black and fall off but if you want it to grow more cut them off when they start to die

OP
sinned4g63

sinned4g63

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Goldfishfreak said:
Awesome!
Mine get black spots when they start sprouting too. I can see them in the picture. The leaves do eventually go black and fall off but if you want it to grow more cut them off when they start to die
Yeah the 2 leaves I cut off were turning yellow and had lots of brown spots all over. Definitely seems better now.

New Threads