Jatibonico Shrimp?? Sound familiar?

Amnagrla

Well Known
Okay. I've been calling stores in my area looking for glass shrimp. I called one and they said they only carry what I thought he said "jatibonico shrimp".... anyone heard of them? I can't find them anywhere online..

Did I get the name wrong?
Has anyone ever heard of them?

Advertisement
Last time I was at my local petsmart I saw something under a name similar to that. But I will check on that next time I go there.

Advertisement
I checked but it wasn't it. However where did you hear about this aquatic life?

lol I called around local stores looking for a ghost shrimp and one said they had these jatibonico shrimp. I wanted to try to stop in the store but haven't had a chance yet.

Advertisement
"Caridina Japonica is the other name of the Amano shrimp, one of the most famous freshwater crustaceans that we keep in our tanks. It was named after Japanese aquarist TakashI Amano, who introduced them in his tanks in the early 1980's. Amano was the first to notice thoses shrimps' appetite for algae, and since then Caridina Japonica has become popular among aquarists for this interesting feature." - http://caridina.japonica.online.fr/English/

"Caridina multidentata is a species of shrimp found in the Yamato River area of Japan as well as parts of Korea and Taiwan. It was previously known as Caridina japonica but was renamed Caridina multidentata following a study in 2006..." -Wikipedia

lol we're talking about the same shrimp!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
-Mak-
Replies
Views
smee82
Replies
Views
Dch48
Replies
Views