jaguar cichlid

mizer09

Reaction score
does anyone have info on jags? How aggressive are they, will they kill my other fish? I have two 10 gal and a 55gal. My fist 10 I breed guppies, and ghost shrimp. I also have a few neon and glowlight tetra, and an African frog. My other ten i have a couple corys and a couple kuhli loaches. I also just bought two quarter size red pacus. "yes i am aware of how big they get". In my 55 I have 2 convicts 3", 1 Oscar 6", 1 jaguar 4", and a pike 8". Any suggestions would be appreciated ;D

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If your talking about Nandopsis managuense.I know from my books that they have been recorded to be 18" long, aggressive, territorial, any plants need to be protected, big enough shelters, soft, neutral water, live foods and large commercial formulations. I am just summerizing this from a book of mine, I have no experience with them what so ever. If any one can add to this, be my guest.
Tom

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FishLore! Jaguars are very aggressive and will probably try and kill all the other fish in the tank. Your 55 appears overstocked. I'm assuming the fish in your 55 are small right now, but as they grow, I think the aggression will be to the death. Just your oscar will need all of that 55 gal. space to himself. Can you get a larger tank?

username

Valued Member
Reaction score
mizer09 said:
does anyone have info on jags? How aggressive are they, will they kill my other fish?  I have two 10 gal and a 55gal.  My fist 10 I breed guppies, and ghost shrimp. I also have a few neon and glowlight tetra, and an African frog.  My other ten i have a couple corys and a couple kuhli loaches.  I also just bought two quarter size red pacus. "yes i am aware of how big they get". In my 55 I have 2 convicts 3", 1 Oscar 6", 1 jaguar 4", and a pike 8".                                                                                                                                                 Any suggestions would be appreciated ;D

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom