Jack Dempsey

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
i would probably say around 40 probably more around 50-55 as they get 8 inches or bigger i thingk

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Gunnie can give you some really good information on Jack Dempseys. (let me see if I can find her )
Carol

newbie101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
They're awesome fish, but I don't know what tank size they need...I'm going to get one someday muahaha

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I think a 55 gal. would be the minimum size I would put one in. They are really beautiful fish, but they get about 7 inches long!

Frank01Mustang

Reaction score
they get much larger then 7 inches, mine started in a 55 gallon and i was going to keep him there, but once he outgrew all the other fish his aggresion twards them got out of hand, he was about 12 inches when i moved him into the 125 with some large oscars and now he knows his place! they are amazingly colorfull though!

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Frank01Mustang said:
they get much larger then 7 inches, mine started in a 55 gallon and i was going to keep him there, but once he outgrew all the other fish his aggresion twards them got out of hand, he was about 12 inches when i moved him into the 125 with some large oscars and now he knows his place! they are amazingly colorfull though!
Wow! Have you got any pictures you could post? ;D

kerryve

Valued Member
Reaction score
Just to add my bit, what sort of tank mates would a JD prefer - if any? Im interested in getting one too.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom