Jack Dempsey and Yellow african Cichlid's need new home

TRAVIS00

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Jack Dempsey and Yellow african Cichlid's need new home with a nice roomy 55+ gallon tank. Long story short I was told by two different LFS's that these two fish can coexist and will fit in a 20 gallon tank. Both of these people were wrong.

1st is the yellow african. I purchased him for $6. A member on here told me that it looks female. She is roughly an inch and a half long. I don't want any money for this fish. If your local please come by and pick her up. If I need to ship, buyer will cover shipping charges. This yellow gem has been in my tank for two weeks now.
632.jpg

2nd is the Jack Dempsey. He's an electric blue. He was the first fish I introduced into my tank. He has probably grown a quarter of an inch since I got him about a month ago. He is absolutely stunning velvety black and shiney electric blue. Spends most of his day hanging out in his little house but comes out and swims around for a short while and eats. I don't see much of him because he blends in with my mainly black and blue gravel. I am asking $15 plus shipping charges for him. I paid over $25 for this guy with taxes.
635.jpg

532.jpg

534.jpg

536.jpg

538.jpg

540.jpg

Feel free to message me with any questions concerns or offers. Thanks everyone and have a happy and wonderful thanksgiving!

Amanda

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Does the JD always have clamped fins like that? I REALLY want it, but the fins are making me nervous. Does anyone know if it's a male or female?

OP
T

TRAVIS00

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Amanda said:
Does the JD always have clamped fins like that? I REALLY want it, but the fins are making me nervous. Does anyone know if it's a male or female?
what exactly do you mean by clamped fins?

Hey Amanda also if your local your more than welcome to come see the fish. No pressure if you feel like hes not going to be right for you

If its in reference to his swimming abilities he FLYS across the tank from time to time. No issues with that at all....

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

Please take your conversations to Private Messages when dealing with Buy/Sell/Trade. It makes it much easier for other members to shop by keeping this section chat free.

Thanks!
Ken

OP
T

TRAVIS00

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
aquarist48 said:
Good morning,

Please take your conversations to Private Messages when dealing with Buy/Sell/Trade. It makes it much easier for other members to shop by keeping this section chat free.

Thanks!
Ken
Sorry Ken I apologize. The Jack Dempsey was given away already. I will edit this in a minute

New Threads