Jabeo Wave Maker. Saltwater Series, Sw4.

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Ive had my sw4 wave maker for three, maybe four months, il waste no time and say that these wave makers are simply the best in its price range, being what il call middle-low but closer to middle price range wise.

A straight ️️️️️ 5/5 from me.
b8d564f25c6161cf2d5f9823a6295c48.jpg
5909ad644aad2a439d4adb2f82d3a5cd.jpg
bec5352665b7643a7d59d62628aab11e.jpg
7ffa53e45094f02e9c402d0bd461b051.jpg

As you can see the foot print is tiny and hardly noticeable in my 32g reef tank, yet this tiny well priced powerhead packs a punch and is variable on both speed and flow patterns. I have noticed no loss in power from my unit since purchase, i give mine a white vinegar bath every two weeks or at least once a month.
Without being too bias towards the good points I'm going to pull this up on a couple of points, the light sensor, i think its a pretty useless thing and would prefer a timer-based automated night shift mode, il stress that this is optional and you can manually enter and exit night mode which works for me. Also the lock only locks the wheel, i don't get that, il say over all in fact the controls are a little whacky, but at the same time all the important settings and options are there and fully usable, its just a case of getting to know them. To reset, lets say if you get stuck in night mode by accident, you have to unplug then plug back in, point to note when manually entering and exiting night mode there must be a time period between, i just do it before lights out and then exit at light on or when i get up.
Sorry for the book but id have appreciated these points in the manual lol.

To finish, awesome if your looking to keep long tentacle nems or euphyllia, such as hammers, frog spawns and torch, as you can really get those guys dancing and at a very reasonable price.

Happy Reefing.

DC0420

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
grantm91 said:
Ive had my sw4 wave maker for three, maybe four months, il waste no time and say that these wave makers are simply the best in its price range, being what il call middle-low but closer to middle price range wise.

As you can see the foot print is tiny and hardly noticeable in my 32g reef tank, yet this tiny well priced powerhead packs a punch and is variable on both speed and flow patterns. I have noticed no loss in power from my unit since purchase, i give mine a white vinegar bath every two weeks or at least once a month.
Without being too bias towards the good points I'm going to pull this up on a couple of points, the light sensor, i think its a pretty useless thing and would prefer a timer-based automated night shift mode, il stress that this is optional and you can manually enter and exit night mode which works for me. Also the lock only locks the wheel, i don't get that, il say over all in fact the controls are a little whacky, but at the same time all the important settings and options are there and fully usable, its just a case of getting to know them. To reset, lets say if you get stuck in night mode by accident, you have to unplug then plug back in, point to note when manually entering and exiting night mode there must be a time period between, i just do it before lights out and then exit at light on or when i get up.
Sorry for the book but id have appreciated these points in the manual lol.

To finish, awesome if your looking to keep long tentacle nems or euphyllia, such as hammers, frog spawns and torch, as you can really get those guys dancing and at a very reasonable price.

Happy Reefing.
Setting mine up now... don’t remember the last time I was this confused and impressed at the same time. Mine was at full power upon plugin which sent a **** of a wave across the tank, which emptied out a couple of gallons.
Due to my my rockscape I have to aim one more towards the front as the tail deflects the flow too much.

c7c58b7c3dd9ef07c152a3d74dabaeac.jpg

I have one on Master and one on slave, but they both kick on/off at the same times. Also I can’t figure out which controls the height of the waves. I’ve lowered both the speed and power independently and there is really no change. Should I have both pumping the length of the tank in an opposing manner or should they be on the back sides aimed at the front glass? The directions are the size of a drivers license and have 4 languages squeezed in so they are not much help. Thanks in advance.

TwoHedWlf

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have the RW-8. Definitely good bang for the buck. I've put mine above the tank so the light sensor is triggered by the lights. But otherwise it would be simple enough to put it the same timer as the lights. Downside to that is when the power is cut it loses its settings. Upside, I don't care, I run it at 100% all the time anyway.

grantm91

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
@dco420 I've nver ran two in conjunction but i have mine central on the back wall in wave mode. I think youtube would be your best bet as i found mine confusing on the first day.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom