tommywantfishy

Just grabbed these from buceplant.com

Great site!
You must be registered to see images

KinsKicks

Just grabbed these from buceplant.com

Great site!
Omg, the flashbacks. The HC tissue culture made me cry lol. It's weird...I can't explain it well. The plant grew in a weird ball mass and the little "roots" had spawned from the middle and was wrapped up all funny with the nutra-gel lol.

But you'll probably have better luck than me ! I think HC just isn't in my forte And buceplants is an awesome site! (Bamaplants is also a fav of mine for some good stuff and good prices)

tommywantfishy

Omg, the flashbacks. The HC tissue culture made me cry lol. It's weird...I can't explain it well. The plant grew in a weird ball mass and the little "roots" had spawned from the middle and was wrapped up all funny with the nutra-gel lol.

But you'll probably have better luck than me ! I think HC just isn't in my forte And buceplants is an awesome site! (Bamaplants is also a fav of mine for some good stuff and good prices)

Are they in Alabama?????
That would be epic. We are neighbors ha!!! I'm in Mississippi.

KinsKicks

Are they in Alabama?????
That would be epic. We are neighbors ha!!! I'm in Mississippi.

Florida lol. At least that's the address my package has .

tommywantfishy

This has been fun........kinda. algae is evil. I have 3 tc's of hc and 2 tc's of dhg. Gonna kill my lights to 4 hrs a day. I am running at least 106 par if not 130 now (as I have built up my substrate. Blank canvas so to speak.

tommywantfishy

About to add 2 more HC/Cuba TC's
Let me know what you all think about the hardscape. I have no fish at the moment. I moved my neons over to my 10g.

KinsKicks

About to add 2 more HC/Cuba TC's
Let me know what you all think about the hardscape. I have no fish at the moment. I moved my neons over to my 10g.
How's the HC going?? And the hardscape is looking great! Can't wait till it fills in

tommywantfishy

How's the HC going?? And the hardscape is looking great! Can't wait till it fills in
Just added 2 more tc's of HC. Not in pic.....the dark green ones are a week and a half old....the paler ones, I added last night...so feeling really good. Thank you!!

-Mak-

If this is even still possible, I would try to angle the two larger rocks away from the center, not towards it
Maybe up the number of stones to 5 as well, and use overlap to create more depth.

How to set up an IwagumI aquarium

tommywantfishy

If this is even still possible, I would try to angle the two larger rocks away from the center, not towards it
Maybe up the number of stones to 5 as well, and use overlap to create more depth.

Totally still possible. Need to pull out a sketch pad lol.
Was trying to create tension with the 2 other stones. Not gonna add 5. It is only a 9.3g tank.
Main stone is HUGE

tommywantfishy

I have read mixed reviews on this. Mine is Sanzon style. In Sanzon I have read that the other 2 stones should almost be bowing to the main stone.

That is just 1 example.
1 more:

KeeperOfASilentWorld

In Sanzon I have read that the other 2 stones should almost be bowing to the main stone.

Correct. Outwards pointing Sanzon's are rare. In a Sanzon IwagumI the rocks should seem whole and united, the outward pointing position gives them negative motion breaking their unity.

Jocelyn Adelman

Don't hate me....
I would move that hc away from the glass... going to be a pain to clean the glass right now... after carpet establishes let it grow forward, but while tank is still new better to be able to clean without uprooting shhallow root systems each time....

tommywantfishy

Don't hate me....
I would move that hc away from the glass... going to be a pain to clean the glass right now... after carpet establishes let it grow forward, but while tank is still new better to be able to clean without uprooting shhallow root systems each time....

No hate ha! I use a toothbrush with the bristles cut down almost to the base. The brown on the glass is just dirt kicked up from small adjustments to the hardscape. I have not had any diatoms....I am using bio-digest. Stuff is amazing!!!!

TexasDomer

Are you sure? They look like diatoms to me.

tommywantfishy

Are you sure? They look like diatoms to me.
Yes. I reduced my light...am using literally 3dps of co2. Let me post another pic. Also, my light is towards the back, so they will grow back....I will also be adding Amano Shrimp very soon. Maybe some oto's too.

TexasDomer

Even with reduced lighting and CO2, you can still have diatoms (and other algae as well). It really does look like diatoms to me; they'll go away eventually, as they're usually just common in tanks under a year old.

tommywantfishy

Even with reduced lighting and CO2, you can still have diatoms (and other algae as well). It really does look like diatoms to me; they'll go away eventually, as they're usually just common in tanks under a year old.
Yeah. This tank is a few months old, has been rearranged on multiple occasions. I had bad diatoms in my 29 when I started it. I guess this just is not 1/10th as bad so I am not overly concerned. Some of it is dust, however.

Random Great Thread!

New Aquascaping Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom