Ive never seen a 9yr old girl so excited about a scorpion

SanDiegoRedneck

I took my twin 9yr olds boy n girl to just look at reptile expo. I had free VIP so why not. My daughter wanted a scorpion so bad, blew my mind. So for valentine's day she got a dune scorpion. We are doing 10gal clay/sand set up next week. My special child. And of course if you want in my house gotta build yourself.

20210214_125408.jpg

20210214_130208.jpg

20210214_160711.jpg

20210214_161252.jpg

20210215_182516.jpg

mimo91088

Awesome! You lose me at stinging inverts lol. But it's awesome when our kids get involved in our hobbies!

SanDiegoRedneck

mimo91088 said:
Awesome! You lose me at stinging inverts lol. But it's awesome when our kids get involved in our hobbies!
I didn't want it particularly either. Lol. But if my daughter is fascinated by scorpions and even the red runner roaches we feed it then by all means. Maybe a future biologist of some sort

coralbandit

I kept Emperor and African blacks .
They cross bred and I raised the babies .
It was years ago but still one of the coolest things IMO..

AggressiveAquatics

I couldve sent you one for free. Constantly removing scorpions from my yard lol

SanDiegoRedneck

AggressiveAquatics said:
I couldve sent you one for free. Constantly removing scorpions from my yard lol
Lol, I got for super cheap and supported local business.

SixThreeOh

SanDiegoRedneck said:
I didn't want it particularly either. Lol. But if my daughter is fascinated by scorpions and even the red runner roaches we feed it then by all means. Maybe a future biologist of some sort
Red runners are cool, but I don't trust those in my house. You should have her set up a dubia colony.

SanDiegoRedneck

SixThreeOh said:
Red runners are cool, but I don't trust those in my house. You should have her set up a dubia colony.
Were out of dubia at my work. I work at pet store. Boss bringing me dubia today.

RayClem

The world in which we live is an amazing place whether you are talking about the seas, lakes and rivers, the wetlands, grass lands, forests, and mountains or the troposphere that envelops us. All creatures both great and small are worthy of study and wonder.

Most people, when they visit zoos focus on the mammals kept in cages or exhibits, but those who ignore the birds, reptiles, amphibians, fishes and invertebrates are missing out. Many people think insects and spiders are repulsive; it is wonderful that your daughter finds scorpions fascinating.

Scorpions are part of the Arachnid class of animals. As such they are related to spiders, mites and ticks. Like their cousins, scorpions have eight legs and two main body segments. Insects, in contrast have six legs and three body segments.

coralbandit

Most scorps are fluorescent under old school black lights I believe .
Dig one out and enjoy ..

1613497696919.png

I searched my apartment at night with black light when one of mine escaped .. Three nights in a row ..
It was however never found ...

Kribensis27

Good for her! I've wanted a scorpion or tarantula for years now. My parents, however, HATE both. They would maybe consider it if I could just catch one for free, but that's not exactly an option here. They basically refuse to let me pay money for something that could "kIlL mE iN uNdEr 30 SeCoNdS" or something like that. Bleh.

I considered catching pseudoscorpions for a while, but I've never even seen one in my life. At this point, I just keep inverts my parents WILL allow like jumping spiders, shrimp, and dubia roaches. I would absolutely LOVE to eventually have a tarantula or scorpion eventually though.

betta06

Kribensis27 said:
I've wanted a scorpion or tarantula for years now. My parents, however, HATE both. They would maybe consider it if I could just catch one for free, but that's not exactly an option here. They basically refuse to let me pay money for something that could "kIlL mE iN uNdEr 30 SeCoNdS" or something like that. Bleh.
same for me I love tarantulas and scorpions but not able to have one

SanDiegoRedneck

coralbandit said:
Most scorps are fluorescent under old school black lights I believe .
Dig one out and enjoy ..

1613497696919.png

I searched my apartment at night with black light when one of mine escaped .. Three nights in a row ..
It was however never found ...
Ordered black light flash light first day. So cool.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom