I've learned so much

Flowingfins

I've been thinking and I realized just how much I have learned thanks to fishlore.

I joined fishlore almost a year ago because of my old Goldie's. My 1 year-a-versary will be on April 4th. I started with 4 common, you heard me right, common goldfish in a ten gallon tank with 2 common plecos. The bigger Goldie's were picking on the smaller ones so I bought another 10 gallon and moved 2 Goldie's and a Pleco over.After a few days looking at old threads I moved the remaining Pleco and all 4 Goldie's to my dad's pond. All are alive and well to this day I also have a betta(sushi) who was in a .5 gallon tank. I quickly learned that was bad and moved him into a 5 gallon.

I had no idea about weekly water changes, the nitrogen cycle, bio loads, or fish compatibility. My first post was about me accidentally killing the BB in my filter with dechlorinated water and soap. I never started a welcome to fishlore thread either, so I guess this thread kind of doubles as telling everyone why I joined fishlore.

Now I know quite a lot about fish, more than my friends, family, and most adults. I have a 100G, 5 10 gallons, a 20GL, and a bunch of smaller aquariums. I have 12 bettas 7 CPD, a crayfish, and many others, all thanks to this wonderful forum and it's members.

Thank you to everyone that has helped me through this wonderful journey, and a special thanks to the mods for moving my threads when necessary, petaddiction and lollipopkiller for listening to me when I get frustrated and need someone to talk to, and echi1, Biiba, F1shy, Anders247, and Daleeria for supporting my betta rescue. If I forgot anyone, I'm sorry, I have had so many people help me over the past year, it's hard to remember everyone.

If you took the time to read all this, thank you

lollipopkiller

aww thanks! your such a great friend and I'm happy to help when ever I can! happy anniversary!

Flowingfins

Aww your a great friend too!

Anders247

Sounds like me when I first started. Glad to help! You're a good friend!

Flowingfins

Might as well bump this up as it is officially my 1-year-aversary!!!

Anders247

Might as well bump this up as it is officially my 1-year-aversary!!!
Congrats!

Flowingfins

Thanks Anders

Biiba

I haven't had the chance to come on here for a while so it was a lovely surprise to see your post!

thanks flowing fins I admire everything you're doing with your betta rescue, and you were a great support to me also, when I first joined the forum!

Flowingfins

Thanks Biiba! The rescue is on hold until the the summer because I have so many end of the year tests coming up. I have to study a lot and I didn't have the time to find homes for the fish. Welcome back!

petaddiction

Awh I've missed you guys soooo much! I'm sorry I've been away so much. I'll be sure to do an update post soon.

Flowingfins

I've missed you a lot too! Definitely start that update thread.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Champanier
Replies
Views
Sh899y
Replies
Views
Awaken_Riceball_
Replies