Question I've Had My Fishy For 9 Days And He Just Doesn't Seem To Want To Flare?

iman350

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi all! Like the title says, iv had Julius for 9 days and he doesn't want to flare? I've shown him his reflection in a mirror etc and I regularly put my fingers in the water (clean ofc!) and he did come and boop my finger today, but he just seems to not want to flare? Does anyone know why or have any advice? He's in a 24l tank with a heater and filter, a little Greco Roman column thing and two silk plants + a Moss ball.

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My Murf doesn't flare, he sidles up, curls around, wags his tail at me then we have a staring match with each other.....mine is only a youngster though and his fins & tail are bigger than his body, so I let him off on the flaring thing cos his fins and tail must weigh a ton for him to throw around too much

iman350

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
My Murf doesn't flare, he sidles up, curls around, wags his tail at me then we have a staring match with each other.....mine is only a youngster though and his fins & tail are bigger than his body, so I let him off on the flaring thing cos his fins and tail must weigh a ton for him to throw around too much
Hmm mines also seems quite young! I put a mirror up and he tries to escape from his reflection

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Murf lives in a 15g hexagonal aquarium so lots of reflections,,,,tbh his young White Cloud gang that he lives with are more into flaring than he is. They joust alot with each other. Murf & his minnows are about a third of their full size, so loads of time to learn the classic flare

BettaMum

Reaction score
Zeus doesn't flare much either. Although I don't know how old he is. I think I've seen him flare once or twice. Otherwise, he's more shy.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom