I've got lucky dip eggs!

1. Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

I found scattered eggs this morning on various sides of the tank. They look bigger than angel eggs, plus the angels weren't protecting them and they were scattered anyway, so I doubt they are theirs. Not sure what neon tetras do? I highly doubt they are theirs anyway. Maybe my corydoras? I've never seen them lay eggs and I've had these guys for a couple of years now. There are only 3 of them, one definitely female. It's just hard to see why now, all of a sudden, the cories would do the egg thing.

I really need a hobby though, it's rather pathetic to be so excited about mystery eggs! I can't wait to see what hatches from them :;laughing

2. plecodragon Well Known Member Member

They are most likely corydora eggs. Neons are egg scatterers in the plants and their eggs are very tiny. Be warned that cories and the other fish will eat any eggs that they find, so you may not get any that survive to hatch. Good luck.

3. RogueAgent94 Fishlore Legend Member

I agree, most likely Cory eggs because neons' eggs wouldn't stick to the glass. Are you planning on hatching these eggs ;D?

4. Treefork Well Known Member Member

I had angels and cories together and the angels ate all the Cory eggs.

5. Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

Thanks guys. It doesn't look like a full egg deposit, so someone has been snacking before I got to them.
    I've got them suspended in a net that is inside a birthing box to keep the hungry angels out. I've also turned the lights off incase they are Cory eggs because I read somewhere they hatch better when kept in the dark.

6. Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

Still no sign of life from these eggs. It's been 4 days now. None look fuzzy. If only a couple end up hatching I'll be thrilled!

7. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

Are they getting darker at all? Or are they white? Maybe they aren't any good ...

8. Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

The first lot were no good. Nothing came from them. A week after I caught the cories actively breeding and even recorded it! I've saved a few of these with maybe 1/3 turning white since. I'm not so sure the rest will yield fry though.