I've changed my mind on stocking. x)

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangeclumsy1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well, I was previously planning on a 29 gallon tank with tons and tons and tons of RCS and then 8 neons, 6 harlequin rasboras, 6 panda cories, 1 mystery snail, and possibly a dwarf gourami. Well, I just wasn't really pleased with that so I've come up with something else....

I've had livebearers before, and I really enjoyed keeping them, so I believe I'm gonna go with those again. I'm planning on getting a divider for my tank and placing it to give my betta about 4 gallons and then leaving the rest for (to start)

- 3 platies (1 male, 2 female)
- 3 guppies (1 male, 2 female)
- 6 panda/dwarf cories (IF I can get my hands on some for a good price.)
- 1 mystery snail (later on)
- 20 or so RCS/orange pumpkin shrimp (IF I can find some.)

I'm planning on feeding some of the fry and baby shrimp to my betta, Steve, and then I'll probably give some to my local pet store (which I work at) for free. My friend also has 2 Angelfish that I can feed some fry to. Does this sound like an okay plan?

orangeclumsy1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I know they'll eat some, but they're not big enough to eat fully grown adult shrimp.

Gordinian

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Welcome to fishlore!

You're plan sounds good just make sure the betta has enough swimming room. It sounds like what you're planning won't give him enough horizontal swimming room- maybe give him 6ish gallons.

soltarianknight

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I measured it out on my 29, 4gals won't be good dimensions for a 29. I would do at the least 5-6. Unless you can make a corner divider, which would look awesome and be unique.

orangeclumsy1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
No no no, not on the 29 gallon, on a 20 long. Sorry, I meant to say it was going to be a 20 long. x)

Gordinian

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
So are all of these going in a 20 gallon, or is the betta going into a 20 gallon and everybody else into a 29?

orangeclumsy1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
All in a 20 long, with the tank divided. The betta will have approximately 4 gallons, leaving the rest to the livebearers and shrimp.

Gordinian

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I think it should work- I definitely wouldn't add any more fish to the list though. You may want to consider getting pygmy cories instead of pandas though. Any cory but the pygmy need at least a 20 gallon long for swimming space, and if you're tank's divided, they might feel a bit squished.

orangeclumsy1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yeah I think I'll probably go with the pygmies, they're a LOT cheaper anyways. And does anyone know where I might be able to get some Orange Pumpkin Shrimp? I think they're absolutely striking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom