I've Been Playing Ecco

FishMadnessAndCookies

I've always loved video games. I still have my old NES and Super NES. I have PS 1-4... 4 pro. I have an XBOX 360, GameCube, Sega Genesis and Wii.

I have found that despite being a purist, consoles break down. I replaced the pins on the NES and it still doesn't play right after a year. It only plays if left up and the cartridge is not pushed down.

I finally started playing the Retro Duo and my AT Games console. The AT Games is a minI console by Sega and has all the old Sega games downloaded to it. The sound is bad but it still works. My old Sega needs a new cord. I don't feel like replacing cords anymore. I'm probably going do purchase a simulator for the XBOX and play all the old games there.

Anyway, I started playing ECCO the Dolphin. It reminds me of how much I love the water and my fish. I never played ECCO when I was a kid but just got turned on to it now. Lol, it's so fun.

Another thing I like is the old water toys with buttons. These are containers filled with water that had little balls or dolphins and fish in them. The containers had buttons on them and the trick is to get the fish, balls or dolphins through the hoops. I found some new water toys at a dollar store the other day.

I love swimming too. I had a chance to swim next to a huge fish tank in Las Vegas. The fish tank is literally in the middle of the pool and I swam with the fish, it was so surreal and awesome!

PAND3MIC

I played a lot of Ecco the Dolphin growing up, on my PSP mostly after my Genesis passed on. I would play it and Alex the Kidd for hours and hours. I have always loved my psp, it lets me play all of my retro favorites on the go. I have used it to emulate NES, SNES, Genesis, AtarI 26-7200, PS1, Gameboy/Advance, N64, you name it. It grew on me playing games on it instead of actual consoles. ROMs for just about any game on any classic console are widely available. It replaced a lot of my old consoles and made some of my favorite games mobile. At this point PSPs are dead enough to have nostalgia in it's self though, lol.

Emulators in general opened new doors for me. My PS2 games were all destroyed from use and natural running scratches and a disc can only be buffed so many times lol. Same with my old GameCube games. PC emulators grew on me a LOT after I discovered that Xbox one controller can be used to play multiplayer games via USB. I could NOT for the LIFE of me find a second Dreamcast controller. To the point that I sold the console. It was nothing short of a miracle being able to play Sonic Adventure 2 with my girlfriend.

TwoHedWlf

I love swimming too. I had a chance to swim next to a huge fish tank in Las Vegas. The fish tank is literally in the middle of the pool and I swam with the fish, it was so surreal and awesome!
Maybe you should try Subnautica. Especially on a Rift.

FishMadnessAndCookies

I played a lot of Ecco the Dolphin growing up, on my PSP mostly after my Genesis passed on. I would play it and Alex the Kidd for hours and hours. I have always loved my psp, it lets me play all of my retro favorites on the go. I have used it to emulate NES, SNES, Genesis, AtarI 26-7200, PS1, Gameboy/Advance, N64, you name it. It grew on me playing games on it instead of actual consoles. ROMs for just about any game on any classic console are widely available. It replaced a lot of my old consoles and made some of my favorite games mobile. At this point PSPs are dead enough to have nostalgia in it's self though, lol.

Emulators in general opened new doors for me. My PS2 games were all destroyed from use and natural running scratches and a disc can only be buffed so many times lol. Same with my old GameCube games. PC emulators grew on me a LOT after I discovered that Xbox one controller can be used to play multiplayer games via USB. I could NOT for the LIFE of me find a second Dreamcast controller. To the point that I sold the console. It was nothing short of a miracle being able to play Sonic Adventure 2 with my girlfriend.
PSP is great for old games. I still have mine.

I used to think emulators could never be as good as the real thing, but then I saw that some make the game look even better. I love the nostalgia, but I also just like being able to play the game. I love sonic 2 adventure.

FishMadnessAndCookies

Maybe you should try Subnautica. Especially on a Rift.
I do play a lot of open world swimming games. I have played this one and it's pretty fun.

goldface

First game console I had was the Sega Master me and my brothers shared. It's been so long, can't recall the games I played. It was a hand me down from a family friend. It was cool having a box of cartridges of practically all the games available for it dropped at your feet. I do remember the original Gameboy and playing Mortal Combat, but I thought it was pretty lame until the next model came out, which I think was the Game Boy Color. I'm not really into gaming anymore, as the last system I owned was a PS2. Still, the N64 was the most fun I remember having. Mario Kart 64, Mario Party, and Zelda: Ocarina of Time were my all time favorite.

FishMadnessAndCookies

First game console I had was the Sega Master me and my brothers shared. It's been so long, can't recall the games I played. It was a hand me down from a family friend. It was cool having a box of cartridges of practically all the games available for it dropped at your feet. I do remember the original Gameboy and playing Mortal Combat, but I thought it was pretty lame until the next model came out, which I think was the Game Boy Color. I'm not really into gaming anymore, as the last system I owned was a PS2. Still, the N64 was the most fun I remember having. Mario Kart 64, Mario Party, and Zelda: Ocarina of Time were my all time favorite.
If you ever game again the PS4 pro on a 4k TV is a world of it's own, at least to me. I like it.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
fishkeepinginaisa
Replies
Views
Shadowcatprime

Random Great Thread!

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom