20 Gallon Tank I've Asked This Forum Plenty Of Questions, But Never Showed Any Of My Tanks. Here Is My 20g Long!

Tonpole

Reaction score
0824191716a.jpg

This tank has had the most ups and downs for me, but it's arguably my prettiest tank now. I have two other tanks that are both for bettas. One is a 5.5g with just a light pink (he was listed as rose gold) halfmoon male, the other is a 4.5g with a pure white dumbo female and 3 amanos. The 4.5g has literally never had a single problem aside from a little algae on the glass. I do a water change on it every once in awhile, vacuum the substrate, and that's basically it.

My 20g long is stocked with 5 bronze cories (2 being albino), 4 african dwarf frogs, and 4 sparkling gouramis. I feed this tank an obscene amount and the nitrates are 5ppm max by the time a weekly water change is due. The last time I took a photo of this tank was aug 13, and I didn't realize just how much the plants have grown since then. I have more than double the salvinia and the dwarf sag has grown like an inch a week.

Also, yes I know the tank needs a leveling mat, but it was possibly going to be moved to another room of the house anyways on a new rack so I just haven't bothered. I've heard a tilted tank won't break the glass anyways as long as it's just sloped and not twisted.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Great looking 20 long. I have one as well but its way way way overdue for a trimming even after i just gave it a good trimming last week. Are you using co2? just curious.

Tonpole

Reaction score
Great looking 20 long. I have one as well but its way way way overdue for a trimming even after i just gave it a good trimming last week. Are you using co2? just curious.
I don't use co2 or liquid carbon. This tank has root tabs and I dose it with liquid ferts during every water change. Every couple days it also gets an iron supplement as an attempt to keep the rotala pink. My other two tanks are dirted.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom