It's official

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a spoiled fish. Julian has a 10gal aquarium full of places to hide and a large plant to rest on which he shares with only 2 snails. and as of now his diet consists of biogold flakes, pellets, bloodworms, and tubifex worms.

I have never seen such a huge bubble nest.

leafgirl115

Valued Member
Reaction score
He is a luckey boy!!!!!

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

I would say that he is showing his happiness. He loves the new situation and wants you to know it. Isn't it nice to have them show you that they love you?

It is very nice of you to provide such a lovely home for your little guy. Julian is a very lucky little guy. Any chance for pictures??

Rose

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
of the tank? It is under tank pictures. He is still to small for me to get any good pictures. He has barely gotten large enough to eat regulor betta pellets.

leafgirl115

Valued Member
Reaction score
how many " is he?

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
your guess is as good as mine, I picked him up at a dollar store a month ago.

poefox

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm happy for you that you're enjoying him. I'm also happy for me because you confirmed my theory that extra space makes it more likely that a betta will eat a variety of foods. I'm not sure why.

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
well space and size help he has grown a few cms since I got him

leafgirl115

Valued Member
Reaction score
you got him in a $1?????????? who new they sold them there.

gammerus

Well Known Member
Reaction score
yeah, I see them here and there at different dollar stores. I try to make it a point not to buy from them but I had just lost my betta Autumn a few days ago and they had rows and rows of pretty healthy looking bettas. It was a hard choice, I almost chose the purple and red one, but Julian was just so cute and tiny.

leafgirl115

Valued Member
Reaction score
You should have goten 2 then

Im sorry for your loos. RIP Autumn

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
what is a bubble nest? :-[

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A bubblenest is when the male makes saliva bubbles on the surface of the water. It is something they do when they are ready to mate or when they are EXTREMELY happy. I would say that Julian is extremely happy as he has not been prepared to mate and there is not a female around. If they love where they are and what they have around them they will blow bubbles all over the top surface of the tank. The first time I saw one I did not know a thing about Bettas and I kept wiping it away, but Azul kept replacing it and I eventually let him keep it. He was just ecstatic over his new home.

It is a very nice thing to have happen. Congratulations, gammerus!

Rose

inari

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I know Inari loves where he is...the currents are bit strong for him to build a nest but he tries it is hilarious he will come up to the surface and start blowing bubles its rather funny. tho i think he perfers to chase Hydra around the tank or maybe its the cories i don't who he likes to chase more but when i come over to the tank he drops what he's doing and comes to see me its kinda cool

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom