It's like a tiny pink cotton ball.....

ricktavious

Well Known
Hey guys, right now my betta fish (who I might add is recovering and being medicated for fin rot) has what appears to be a tiny little pink cotton ball in the middle of one of his fins. It is one of those smaller fins that hang from under the chin. Could it be signs of recovery from the fin rot, or something else? Thanks!

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Sounds like fungus to me, sorry Rick. I've had that on one of my mollies. It did come off really quickly after using meds. I used Tetra Baktopur and Oonopur.

Betta experts, opinions?

OP
R

ricktavious

Well Known
armadillo said:
Sounds like fungus to me, sorry Rick. I've had that on one of my mollies. It did come off really quickly after using meds. I used Tetra Baktopur and Oonopur.

Betta experts, opinions?
Actually, the name is Stefan...."Ricktavious" is the fish's name ;D

One thing I'll add, the color of the guy is the same as the thing that I think I could be seeing.

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Why do I keep calling you Rick? Ah well, old age, memory will make it easier to call you Rick. I just feel silly sometimes using people's aliases. It feels like we're kids playing spies , so I went for it with 'Rick'! Oooops, wrong assumption, sorry, Stefan.

As in: the colour of the growth thing is the same as the rest of the fish? For us, it was whiteish but also the colour of the fish faded into it, with some read (we could see her flesh, was horrible).

OP
R

ricktavious

Well Known
You can call me whatever you want, it will all be forgiven May I call you "Dillo"

Honestly, I think I'm just paranoid....went back and tried to find the "growth" again, but couldn't find it on his fin. I'm thinking it's just some regrowth (hopefully, anyways). Will definitely be keeping a close eye on it, just in case

armadillo

Fishlore VIP
Oooh let's hope so. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your fish!

Dillo's fine, half this forum calls me Arma!

OP
R

ricktavious

Well Known
armadillo said:
Oooh let's hope so. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your fish!

Dillo's fine, half this forum calls me Arma!
It's almost like I'm a missing half, haha!

Yeah, I checked again and it looks like a hole he got in that fin due to fin rot has filled up with a very fine layer of tissue. So false alarm!

OP
R

ricktavious

Well Known
No, I do not have anything for fungus........when I get paid next Friday, I'll have a pretty good shopping list though, haha! What product would you recommend?

New Threads