It's Here, My New 75gal Tank!

THRESHER

Got a great deal on a brand new, unused Aqueon 75 gallon tank. I even got it delivered for free! The person bought it as a birthday present for his wife to set up, but the house they live in is too old and the floor would not be able to hold the weight of a fully setup 75gal tank. Ontop of his calculations of how much weight the tank filled was way off. Poor guy.

I live in a highrise 15 stories up and everything is concrete. No worries here.

So $65 cash and free delivery wasn't too shabby. Yeah I know I could've waited for the $1 per gallon sale, but I wasn't gonna wait a whole year.

Can't wait to set it up. Will be building my own stand too.

Attached pics along with my current 40gal.

Attachments

• IMG_1.jpg
    IMG_1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2.jpg
    IMG_2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3.jpg
    IMG_3.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 92

Fruity

Wow, what a steal! Congratulation, and enjoy!

Sarah73

Are you going to share that tank? No haha just kidding. Congrats on the tank!

Dawn Michele

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see it set up!!!

THRESHER

Are you going to share that tank? No haha just kidding. Congrats on the tank!
Sure, I share! I ain't greedy! lol
Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see it set up!!!

Aww thanks! I'm so looking forward to it!

Dawn Michele

Sure, I share! I ain't greedy! lol

Aww thanks! I'm so looking forward to it!
It's so exciting getting a new tank!!!

THRESHER

Indeed! I was just on the phone with a very good friend who's a contractor and he's going to help me build the stand. Hopefully get the supplies ( Lumber, screws, hardware, etc) this Wednesday. I'm hoping to start building asap!

Dawn Michele

Indeed! I was just on the phone with a very good friend who's a contractor and he's going to help me build the stand. Hopefully get the supplies ( Lumber, screws, hardware, etc) this Wednesday. I'm hoping to start building asap!
That's GREAT!!! What kind of wood are you going to use?

THRESHER

For the main frame I'm going with standard 2x4's, then supports with 2x2's . Top with be a sheet of 3/4" plywood as that's where the tank makes contact. The outer skin I'm not sure yet. I love the look of natural wood as I'm not keen of stains/shellack or anything that will cover it's wood beauty. I will, however, treat the wood with something nice since water will, on occasion, make contact. I'll see what's available at the lumber yard. I want this stand to be indestructible as it has to hold up 1k LBS, but yet look pleasing/nice. Nothing too over the top.

I want it to hold up a sherman tank! lol!!

Dch48

They don't include tanks that size in the dollar a gallon sales. It's 10-29 gallons only. Other tanks are 40-50% off regular price. So I don't think you could have done better.

Dawn Michele

For the main frame I'm going with standard 2x4's, then supports with 2x2's . Top with be a sheet of 3/4" plywood as that's where the tank makes contact. The outer skin I'm not sure yet. I love the look of natural wood as I'm not keen of stains/shellack or anything that will cover it's wood beauty. I will, however, treat the wood with something nice since water will, on occasion, make contact. I'll see what's available at the lumber yard. I want this stand to be indestructible as it has to hold up 1k LBS, but yet look pleasing/nice. Nothing too over the top.

I want it to hold up a sherman tank! lol!!
IM sure it's going to look great!!! My stand for my 125 is natural. You NEVER want anything that will take away from the tank & fish.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Harlebleondora
Replies
Views
kallililly1973
Replies
Views
ChristopherM33
Replies
Views