It's Guppy Invasion!

Jai

Valued Member
Reaction score
Man......I want to by some guppies 2moro but i've heard how they breed so easily, and now i'm scared to get them for my 96ltr tank, I don't want any extra guppies..what can I do :'(............shall I get the betta fish instead?....i have 2 zebra danios

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Well, if they breed a lot successfully, you can always give the fry (after they've grown enough) to your fish store.

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would highly recommend getting more Zebra Danios. They are shoaling fish and feel unhappy and insecure in a group of less than 6. You may need to pass on the Guppies to make sure your danios are happy. Does anyone know how many gallons his tank is?

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yes, that's what I would do, get 4 more danios and some Guppies. All male or all female should be fine, if you don't want to breed.

newbie101

Well Known Member
Reaction score
well if you dont want babies you better stick with the males, as female guppies can get pregnant 4 times from just 1 mating...

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I have 6 Zebra Danios and they are very livly and shoal together a lot. Like some other people have said, I think you should get some more Danios.

Gwenz

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Your sig says you have a Betta already, I wouldn't add another. More danios are definately in order. Did you know you can mix up danio types and they will shoal together. Just as long as they are about the same size and shape.
Carol

Christopher

Reaction score
if you really want to breed guppies and the pet store won't acept the extra guppies then you could give the fry to the other fish in the tank

mcminnj

Reaction score
I would just get the guppies and if they do breed and you think you won't have enough space for the fry.then they will just get eaten.

I got my first fish and they were guppies but one was pregenant so i didnt know, after 3 days i had a bunch of fry in my 5g tank. i now only have 2 which is good because my tank is not over loaded!!!!!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom