It's got too go back!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Catfish' started by gunner13, Mar 16, 2010.

1. gunner13Well Known MemberMember

My wife has started too take a liking to catfish especialy the one in the tank she calls hers( Hers? ? ?) which is a syno euruptus. Any way my middle child thought he would get her a nice fish for mothers day even though he has been told that we can't put any more fish in this current tank. He strolls through the door sunday afternoon with what he tells me is a red tail catfish. Well i hit the roof thinking of the amazonian red tail. As i looked at it i realised that it wasn't the said species as it had no white and was long and slender with only a hint of red on it's tail. He then tells me it's a asian red tail catfish, none the wiser i googled it. Well they call it the most aggresive freshwater fish in the world and it gets to around 3 and a half foot long. Needless to say it is going back on saturday.
    i must haisen to add he didn't get it from our LFS as they would not of sold it to him. And of course him being 13 found it highly ammusing.
    Nick

2. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Of course he found it amusing LOL Good choice returning it though, nobody will take them when they become tank busters.
    Carol

3. OP
    OP
    g

gunner13Well Known MemberMember

I will have the last laugh coz he can take it back and admit how silly he was for buying it in the first place. all jokes aside the red tail has settled in well and is eating like a pig. I feel a bigger tank episode comeing on LOL

4. mosin360Well Known MemberMember

Quote "Many claim that H. wyckioides is the most aggressive freshwater fish in the world. Given this fish's ability to bite, it is not even safe with tank mates too large to swallow since it will simply take bites out them."

Wow! That is one mean catfish.

5. Treefork

TreeforkWell Known MemberMember

Pretty fish, looks similar to the SA Redtail Cat in shape. Looks like it gets about the same size too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice